Rutherglen Glencairn 2017-18

glensmad

The disallowed goal when Smith was whistled for offside after Boyd slipped him through.

I don't recall Hamilton's tackle on Deco so I'll wait to see the video before commenting on that, the same as the penalty. As for diving, I give you Deco and his usual. We had a laugh about it with him at half time and after the game. [emoji16]

As for the "sieve in goals" comment, that's a very strange one. Baker made an outstanding save at the first goal and Simeon followed up to score on the rebound, and Baker was helpless with Simeon's wonderful 2nd goal. Other than that I can't remember him having a save to make in the game, so perhaps that comment can be clarified.

The Lang fans don't seem to quite be understanding that I'm actually paying their team a compliment by saying Glencairn played well, as Cambuslang stil won, away from home, with 10 men for the last 20 minutes. They will be right up there this season, I have said it repeatedly.

Interesting lack of comment on the Cambuslang Rangers thread on here, though. Instead the Glencairn thread is full of Cambuslang fans. You are all welcome, of course. [emoji16]

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a good game that I felt lang controlled for the first 50/60 minutes. Glencairn came into it and had some great link up play for 20 mins or so in second half. Ref was doing his best I felt he give very 50/50 to glens. It wasn't a free kick the one that resulted in the pen . And it was never a pen. However he got the red card correct I think . All in all a good run out with 4 or 5 players rested with 10 men For 20 mins.Glens will be fine I like the wee striker .

9 hours ago, glensmad said:

The disallowed goal when Smith was whistled for offside after Boyd slipped him through.

I don't recall Hamilton's tackle on Deco so I'll wait to see the video before commenting on that, the same as the penalty. As for diving, I give you Deco and his usual. We had a laugh about it with him at half time and after the game. emoji16.png

As for the "sieve in goals" comment, that's a very strange one. Baker made an outstanding save at the first goal and Simeon followed up to score on the rebound, and Baker was helpless with Simeon's wonderful 2nd goal. Other than that I can't remember him having a save to make in the game, so perhaps that comment can be clarified.

The Lang fans don't seem to quite be understanding that I'm actually paying their team a compliment by saying Glencairn played well, as Cambuslang stil won, away from home, with 10 men for the last 20 minutes. They will be right up there this season, I have said it repeatedly.

Interesting lack of comment on the Cambuslang Rangers thread on here, though. Instead the Glencairn thread is full of Cambuslang fans. You are all welcome, of course. emoji16.png

ZRTED8f.gif.3a191b1c2f6f6974b5ba7427a69a2682.gif

10 minutes ago, dk81130 said:

...Glens will be fine I like the wee striker .

I assume you mean Jay McKay, who was our top scorer last season and has started with 2 goals in 2 starts this season (both penalties to be fair). He's a livewire, but he hasn't quite been firing on all cylinders this season so far.

35 minutes ago, R.G.F.C said:

Noticed that last night with baker he gets some distance with his kicks 

Yes, it could be a useful weapon, although we don't like to go back to front too often it could be a useful surprise tactic if we are switched on to it.

Glensmad your certainly have your name right . MAD.
Not got a sensible unbiased view in your head.

In your opinion. Ask your manager and his assistant what they said to me last night after the game about my posts on here though. Their opinion holds much more credibility in my opinion.

On 14/08/2017 at 20:53, stuglens1 said:

So, what does everyone think our starting 11 will be against renfrew?

On 14/08/2017 at 21:28, stuglens1 said:

Baker
McGregor
Fraser
Donaldson
Neil
McGuire
Hamilton
Mcnab
Mcardle
Smith
Mckay
emoji41.png

Think you could be right with this being the team on sat for me i would swap hall for mcnab.

I feel away from home hall brings a better balance to the team than del.

Can't wait

Seriously, what is the point of a reply like that ? It just makes you look like a stupid wee boy.

This is a thread for things to do with Glencairn, if you're not interested then just ignore it. The Glens fans will all be extremely interested in watching big Brett, so it is extremely relevant to post details of it on here.

Archived