Rutherglen Glencairn 2017-18

glensmad

Very pleasing to come away from St Roch's today with a win in the Central League Cup, especially with us leaving out Donaldson, Neil, Kerr, Fraser, McGuire, Smith and McKay from the starting line-up and only Smith coming off the bench.

We were still able to field a strong side though, which shows our squad is in good shape.

James McGrory Park is not an easy place to get a result, so it's pleasing to be in round two, especially after being behind after only two minutes.

Now the concentration turns to Larkhall Thistle at home on Wednesday night, and I expect most of the players named above to come back in to the team.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A real missed opportunity for us tonight, especially with Troon and Meadow drawing. At 2-0 up just after half time I couldn't see past us for a win, but it's funny how games change.

On to Saturday and Shettleston at home.

Some good goalkeeping tonight from former Glencairn goalie Jonny Duncan. I can recall good saves from McKay, Smith, McNab and McCall, and there were probably others that will come back to me when I do the match report. We should have had the game wrapped up though, two points thrown away.

A solid win today, and a good day for us with a few results elsewhere going in our favour.

Our fate is in our own hands, a top four spot is there to be won if we do our own job and don't worry about other results, but it helps when others slip up like we did on Wednesday night.

On now to a very big game away to Cumbernauld United on Wednesday night. 

I think we're destined never to beat Cumbernauld United ever again, and we just have to get on with it. [emoji22]

At three down after 23 minutes tonight I was fearing a right doin', but we somehow regrouped and made a fight of it in the last quarter.

The news of Irvine Meadow losing listed both dressing rooms at full time, so we remain in 6th place and it's still in our own hands.

Does the video show if the 3rd goal was over the line? couldn't tell from just the other side of half way.

Thought Cumbernauld were  worth the points, they were clinical when it mattered whilst the Glens for the first 70 minutes had a lot of possession but seemed intent on pissing about with the ball instead of shooting.

Does the video show if the 3rd goal was over the line? couldn't tell from just the other side of half way.
Thought Cumbernauld were  worth the points, they were clinical when it mattered whilst the Glens for the first 70 minutes had a lot of possession but seemed intent on pissing about with the ball instead of shooting.

The Ball was definitely over the line, it was right in front of where I stand at the far end

Have you still to play Meadow twice Peter

Yeah Meadow and Glencairn still to play twice. Cumbernauld would be happy with two draws! Both teams drew three times last season (Meadow won West Cup game on pens)

Archived