Rutherglen Glencairn 2017-18

glensmad

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed to go out of the Scottish, but at least now we have no distractions and can get on with concentrating on getting ourselves into promotion contention.

We weren't at our best today (missing the drive of Leyden and big Smith only fit enough for the bench), but we were remarkably still in the game at only 1-0 down with 9 men with 12 minutes to go. If McNab didn't blaze that chance over the bar you never know.

My match report (tomorrow) will give my full opinion, but referee Calum Haswell should be very embarrassed at his performance when he watches it back on Gerry's video.

The red card for Andy Neil was just a joke. The first booking looks accidental, and the second one is just laughable as everybody at the game (except Haswell) saw.

As for Donaldson's red card, it's a clear case of the referee not knowing the rules. Yes it's a foul, and yes it's a goalscoring opportunity, but the rule introduced last season states that it has to be a deliberate foul for it to be a red card. I understand that the ref's report states that Rhys attempted to tackle the Bo'ness player, not a deliberate foul. On that basis, the rule states that it's only a yellow card. So Haswell has made two enormous blunders with both red cards, and it has cost us our place in the Scottish Junior Cup.

Fortunately there was a referee's assessor at the match, so these clear and obvious mistakes will surely be marked against Haswell's record. A referee not knowing the rules is simply not acceptable.

See when your wee alarm goes off to tell you that I've posted something on P&B, just for once see if you can resist the temptation to reply. Just once, see if you can show some self-control. Maybe then you won't be the joke figure that you currently are.

The red card for Andy Neil was just a joke. The first booking looks accidental, and the second one is just laughable as everybody at the game (except Haswell) saw.

As for Donaldson's red card, it's a clear case of the referee not knowing the rules. Yes it's a foul, and yes it's a goalscoring opportunity, but the rule introduced last season states that it has to be a deliberate foul for it to be a red card. I understand that the ref's report states that Rhys attempted to tackle the Bo'ness player, not a deliberate foul. On that basis, the rule states that it's only a yellow card. So Haswell has made two enormous blunders with both red cards, and it has cost us our place in the Scottish Junior Cup.

Fortunately there was a referee's assessor at the match, so these clear and obvious mistakes will surely be marked against Haswell's record. A referee not knowing the rules is simply not acceptable.

Andy Neil is definitely unfortunate, but IIRC the rule change you refer to only relates to incidents in the penalty box as it was felt teams suffered a double punishment of having a man sent off and a penalty against them. It's still a red outside the box whether there is a genuine attempt to play the ball or not.

My thoughts on Calum Haswell are best kept to myself tbh.

The referee actually in my opinion had a decent game yesterday and got the big decisions correct, not everyone at the game yesterday shared your opinion.
Neil could have been sent off before that when he punched Millar in the family jewels, when his second booking comes, he leaves his foot in, therefore booked!
As for Haswell not knowing the rules clearly it is you who doesn’t as outside the box denying a clear goal scoring opportunity is still a red!

The referee actually in my opinion had a decent game yesterday and got the big decisions correct, not everyone at the game yesterday shared your opinion.
Neil could have been sent off before that when he punched Millar in the family jewels, when his second booking comes, he leaves his foot in, therefore booked!
As for Haswell not knowing the rules clearly it is you who doesn’t as outside the box denying a clear goal scoring opportunity is still a red!
Obvs u r slipping one in haswells back door ya nugget

Andy Neil is definitely unfortunate, but IIRC the rule change you refer to only relates to incidents in the penalty box as it was felt teams suffered a double punishment of having a man sent off and a penalty against them. It's still a red outside the box whether there is a genuine attempt to play the ball or not. 
My thoughts on Calum Haswell are best kept to myself tbh.

Fair enough, I stand corrected, and on that basis the Donaldson red card was probably correct. But Neil's was a joke.

Fair enough, I stand corrected, and on that basis the Donaldson red card was probably correct. But Neil's was a joke.

Neither of Andy’s bookings were actually bookings when you look at them. Terrible decisions on both of them! The red card is correct though!

Archived