Rutherglen Glencairn 2017-18

glensmad

Nice comeback. [emoji16] Mind you, with the amount of cash you guys are throwing at players compared to us, you'd reckon you really should be hammering us instead of just hanging on for a couple of single goal wins. [emoji6]

You can have all the cash in the world, but if u dont approach a game with the right attitude then what ure paying in wages is irrelevant. Our attitude stank v Stonehaven and they thoroughly deserved the win at Somervell and no arguments from us. We are just happy to be in and about it and if the wages attract better players, I will have more of the same please. For years we have struggled in the lower leagues, what Paul McColl and co have done is nothing short of miraculous. All we need now is a hard working committee to help him out and push on and possibly a super premier spot come end of the season. Plenty teams with more money than us have struggled so I'm just enjoying the journey. It wont last forever, it never does but its some feeling looking over yer shoulder and the Glens are behind you. [emoji12]

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...its some feeling looking over yer shoulder and the Glens are behind you. [emoji12]

I suppose that's what happens when you spend a decade looking up at us playing in the Super Leagues while 'Lang were in the league or two leagues below. Less than half a season above us in the same league table must seem like heaven to you guys.

I can't speak for all Glencairn fans, but personally speaking I don't share the same feelings of intense rivalry as is obvious from the 'Lang people who can't stay off this thread. You only need to look at the Cambuslang Rangers thread to see that our guys are nowhere near as obsessed with everything to do with our neighbours along the road. Until this season it's been a decade-long nice wee once-a-season rivalry in a competition that is essentially an extension of pre-season.

It was interesting to hear your president at our game on Saturday telling everybody how much they want us to lose every game we play.

But hey, you guys crack on. We take it as a compliment. [emoji106][emoji16]

21 hours ago, glensmad said:

It was interesting to hear your president at our game on Saturday telling everybody how much they want us to lose every game we play.

But hey, you guys crack on. We take it as a compliment. emoji106.pngemoji16.png

To be fair to him it was tongue in cheek 

2 minutes ago, colinmcn said:

That's disappointing if true. I have no ill will to them

It's not disappointing really, it's called local rivalry.

I'm the same as you, though, I don't really have the same feeling of wanting Cambuslang to lose every game. I've had too many friends in and out of the club at Cambuslang to have strong feelings against them. Until this season they haven't been in the same league as us for a long time, so their gloating on here about being above us in the league just now is understandable.

I do fancy Cambuslang for promotion, I said it in the summer and was shot down by the Cambuslang people, but they are right up there challenging as I said they would be.

Hopefully we can join them and be playing against them in the new top league next season.

25 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I'm the same as you, though, I don't really have the same feeling of wanting Cambuslang to lose every game. I've had too many friends in and out of the club at Cambuslang to have strong feelings against them. Until this season they haven't been in the same league as us for a long time, so their gloating on here about being above us in the league just now is understandable.

I do fancy Cambuslang for promotion, I said it in the summer and was shot down by the Cambuslang people, but they are right up there challenging as I said they would be.

Hopefully we can join them and be playing against them in the new top league next season.

I don't  specifcally look for their results and don't care how they or any other team get on unless it directly affects us 

To be honest, its hard to have a rivalry when, like u say, play each other in a glorified friendly.
It was hardly gloating and if u missed the tongue in cheek then[emoji15] .
I couldnt care less if Glens win, loose or draw.
My only concern is Cambuslang Rangers and we are in a good place at the minute so let us enjoy it while it lasts.

1 hour ago, thelangonline said:

I couldnt care less if Glens win, loose or draw.
My only concern is Cambuslang Rangers and we are in a good place at the minute so let us enjoy it while it lasts.

But you post that on the Rutherglen Glencairn thread. :thumsup2

It'd be interesting to do a countback on this thread and see how many posts are done by Glencairn fans and how many by Cambuslang fans.

I reckon it'd be a pretty close call.

The lack of comment on the Cambuslang thread shows how much they care about us compared to their own team. :thumsup2

It'd be interesting to do a countback on this thread and see how many posts are done by Glencairn fans and how many by Cambuslang fans.
I reckon it'd be a pretty close call.
The lack of comment on the Cambuslang thread shows how much they care about us compared to their own team. :thumsup2

Hurry up and tell us please

It is with great sadness that we have to tell you all of the passing of our youth coach, John McLeod.

John was not just a coach but a mentor and also great friend to many associated at our club. He also played for Rutherglen Glencairn Juniors back in the day. We also loved to hear of his stories when he was a player at Leicester in his younger days.

John will be sadly missed by many. Our sincere condolences to go out to johns friends and family at this sad time.

Archived