glensmad

Rutherglen Glencairn 2017-18

Who's big dunnachie away to ? I thought he was at voc

Playing amateur I understand.

Big Davie did a sterling job last season for the Tin Pail, since the end of the season we have only retained one player from last year. I can only assume the new management structure deemed him surplus t requirement.......pity done us a real turn on loan.....

Big Davie did a sterling job last season for the Tin Pail, since the end of the season we have only retained one player from last year. I can only assume the new management structure deemed him surplus t requirement.......pity done us a real turn on loan.....

We could have done with him on Saturday to prevent the 2 headed goals we lost.

We could have done with him on Saturday to prevent the 2 headed goals we lost.

No disrespect intended to big Davie, but he wouldn't get a game for Glencairn ahead of Craig McGregor and Andy Neil.

How's the pre season been going Peter? Any stand outs during the pre season schedule? Think the addition of Boyd and smith will help you this season seen the highlights and read the match reports. How we thinking you'll get on this season? 

How's the pre season been going Peter? Any stand outs during the pre season schedule? Think the addition of Boyd and smith will help you this season seen the highlights and read the match reports. How we thinking you'll get on this season? 

We haven't really seen much of Boyd yet as he is carrying a wee injury so has only made a couple of 45 minute appearances. Smith will be a good player for us when he adjusts to the way we play, again we haven't seen him play 90 minutes yet.

Hopefully our first win of the season but should be a tricky game.
Looking forward to Wednesday night football again

Rutherglen Glencairn 3 (Boyd, McKay (pen), Savarese)
Blantyre Victoria 2 (MacKenzie, Murdoch).

Brilliant comeback by Glens, 2-0 down with 25 minutes to go but won 3-2. We really needed that, hopefully that'll kick start us now.

Boyd done well getting the ball back in the build up to the penalty. Looked as though the keeper was certain of smothering the ball until Boyd won it off him.

Good win today.  Really need to work on defending corners though.

You're not wrong.

Interesting to see 7 changes to the starting line-up last night, and the gaffer is clearly intending to use the squad to its fullest through the group. While we want to qualify for the quarter final, the focus has to be firmly on being ready for the first league game at Renfrew on Saturday 19th.

Having said that, it was great to see three different strikers scoring last night, especially Graham Boyd as he's not had an easy pre-season with an ankle knock. We still have Gary Smith and Fraser Team to add to those options as well.

Once they are all fully fit we will be spoilt for choice up front it is worrying our defending at crosses though hopefully they get it sorted

Bear in mind we've still to see Jack Baker play behind McGregor/Donaldson/Neil as a back three. Time will tell.

First time I'd seen Ndlovu on Saturday, looks a real player and his goal was excellent. I take it he was just unavailable for the game last night? 

First time I'd seen Ndlovu on Saturday, looks a real player and his goal was excellent. I take it he was just unavailable for the game last night? 

I'm not sure, to be honest, as I'm currently on holiday. We left out a lot of regular players last night, some were on the bench and some were not selected for various reasons (McGregor, Neil, Hamilton, McArdle, Smith, Team).

I'm not sure, to be honest, as I'm currently on holiday. We left out a lot of regular players last night, some were on the bench and some were not selected for various reasons (McGregor, Neil, Hamilton, McArdle, Smith, Team).

Small squad then

Small squad then

At the last count, the exact same number of players as was announced on your own team's thread a few weeks ago.

9 minutes ago, glensmad said:

At the last count, the exact same number of players as was announced on your own team's thread a few weeks ago.

Image result for kapow gif