Rutherglen Glencairn 2017-18

glensmad

Another home tie in the Scottish Junior Cup against a team from up north, this time Stonehaven from the North Region Super League.

A dangerous draw in my opinion, any team who can win away to Cambuslang Rangers (round 2) must be a decent outfit.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Terrible start to the season peter

We've had worse, last season for example. At this point last season we had the same number of points but were out of the Scottish Junior Cup and the West of Scotland Cup. As we know we went into the last game of the season on top of the league and still in with a chance of promotion.

We played pretty well today, Ashfield camped in and defended really well and we couldn't break them down. We lost two bad goals to set pieces after dominating the first half, and the second half was like The Alamo then we got caught on the break with our defender slipping for Ashfield's third.

That's football, we never win this cup anyway. If we play like we did today at Shettleston next week then I'll be confident of a good result.

Not to sure how much game time he got with Glens this season  after stepping up from 21s but Craig Young had very good debut with Shettleston  today  and scored into bargain as well with great strike from about 20 yards out 

Not to sure how much game time he got with Glens this season  after stepping up from 21s but Craig Young had very good debut with Shettleston  today  and scored into bargain as well with great strike from about 20 yards out 

Youngy only started two games this season and had 3 substitute appearances, but what you say doesn't surprise me. Craig's a good player and full of self-confidence. Unfortunately for him central midfield is an area where we're strong with Tony Fraser, Sean McGuire, Jordan Leyden and Jamie Hamilton all candidates in there. It'll be interesting to see if he plays against us next Saturday, Craig Johnston as well.

Very impressed by Craig Today. .....a neat an tidy player....performance capped of with a wonderful strike......

He is a very tidy player and a busy player. It's good to see he's got a club quickly after leaving us.

Fixture change for Saturday 9/12/17 :-

The previously scheduled away fixture against Irvine Meadow XI has been postponed, and has now been replaced by :-

Rutherglen Glencairn v Maryhill

West Region Super League Division One

The Celsius Stadium

1.45pm kick off.

15 minutes ago, lang said:

Why didn't he just reverse the fixture which would have solved meddas problem

I thought that as well, it seemed like it would have been the easy solution, but perhaps there are reasons why.

Archived