Rutherglen Glencairn 2017-18

glensmad

On 19 May 2018 at 17:34, glensmad said:

Fantastic performance from our boys today, and it sets us up for a "cup final" next week at home to Meadow. If we win we're guaranteed at least a play-off place.

Today's efforts will need to be replicated next Saturday. It's going to be quite an occasion.

A home game on the last day to get into the play-offs, in our own hands. That's all we can ask for.

Place to be next Saturday.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, king Henrik7 said:

The big man is different gravy. Even his record at Arthurlie was exceptional

His record at Dunterlie was superb. Absolutely gutted when he left.  

His record at Dunterlie was superb. Absolutely gutted when he left.  
Goodness knows how many goals he would have scored had he not had two months out injured. He's only started 22 games out of our 37, but still got 28 goals.

As well as free entry for children to Saturday's match against Irvine Meadow XI, we have 20 black & white scarves to give away to the first 20 kids who want them. First come first served !

23 hours ago, glensmad said:

As well as free entry for children to Saturday's match against Irvine Meadow XI, we have 20 black & white scarves to give away to the first 20 kids who want them. First come first served !

How much to buy a scarf?

How much to buy a scarf?
We don't normally have scarves to sell, but we have a small stock left over from a previous promotion so we have decided to give them away to the kids. We would be happy to take a donation, though, if you'd like me to keep one aside for you. [emoji6]

23 hours ago, glensmad said:

We don't normally have scarves to sell, but we have a small stock left over from a previous promotion so we have decided to give them away to the kids. We would be happy to take a donation, though, if you'd like me to keep one aside for you. emoji6.png

£10 a fair price?

Well it's the 16-team West Region Championship for us next season after our promotion dream died this afternoon.

No complaints about today, Meadow deserved the win, no question. Losing Jay McKay from the team with concussion was a huge blow for us pre kick off, and then losing Rhys Donaldson just after the start of the match was a further blow.

But we re-group now and have a go at winning the Central League Cup.

Took this game in today and not much between the sides I though. 2 up top for medda being big lads who like to throw it about don't mind a bit of play acting though.
Yeh that's the way Meadow seem to play, direct long ball, but it works for them. Certainly in the two games against us the front guys did a fair bit of falling over rather easily, but that wasn't the reason they beat us.

Meadow will go through in the play-off, I'm pretty sure of that.

I'm already looking to next season and the teams we'll be playing. I'm looking forward to it.

Give my view as a neutral today at the game ,1st of all meadow were the better team ,seemed to me they were much bigger and stronger than the glens ,and good goal for the winner .
On to game ,meadow got a penalty for hee haw ? Anybody care 2 explain what happened ? Good save by goalie from it .
Meadow no10 lucky man in 2nd half for lifting his hands ,lucky only 2 get a yellow ?
Wether it would a difference is debatable as i cant even mind the glens having a decent chance at goal ?
Well done to medda an hardlines to glens .

Give my view as a neutral today at the game ,1st of all meadow were the better team ,seemed to me they were much bigger and stronger than the glens ,and good goal for the winner .
On to game ,meadow got a penalty for hee haw ? Anybody care 2 explain what happened ? Good save by goalie from it .
Meadow no10 lucky man in 2nd half for lifting his hands ,lucky only 2 get a yellow ?
Wether it would a difference is debatable as i cant even mind the glens having a decent chance at goal ?
Well done to medda an hardlines to glens .
That's a fair summary.

We finished on 43 points this season. We've been in this league for 8 seasons in total in its current format. In the previous 7 seasons that we've been in this league, 43 points would have been enough for a top 6 place. In four of those seasons 43 points would have been enough for a top 4 place. But not this year unfortunately. [emoji26]

Archived