Rutherglen Glencairn 2017-18

glensmad

36 minutes ago, the rambler said:

Glencairn didnt dominate for more than an hour and were very lucky to be only 2 down at half time.

I don't think anybody has said we did dominate for more than an hour. We did undoubtedly dominate the second half, but yes we were fortunate not to lose more than two goals in that opening 20-25 minute spell.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reflecting on Wednesday night and how we really didn't start playing until half an hour into the game, it's not been like us at all this season. We've normally been very positive starters to games.

I can't help but think that the rush to get to Meadow Park for a 7pm had an influence on how we started the game, with several players caught in a queue at the Irvine junction on the A77 due to an accident. Some of our starting players didn't arrive till 6.30pm, and two of our subs arrived right at the kick off.

It'll be interesting to see when Glens v Meadow is scheduled for. My money is on a Saturday.

Reflecting on Wednesday night and how we really didn't start playing until half an hour into the game, it's not been like us at all this season. We've normally been very positive starters to games.

I can't help but think that the rush to get to Meadow Park for a 7pm had an influence on how we started the game, with several players caught in a queue at the Irvine junction on the A77 due to an accident. Some of our starting players didn't arrive till 6.30pm, and two of our subs arrived right at the kick off.

It'll be interesting to see when Glens v Meadow is scheduled for. My money is on a Saturday.
It will be a Saturday cos the Ayrshire junior fa will make sure of it [emoji6]

You did the same at Cumbernauld. 3 down in 20 minutes or so?

Usually your posts are pretty fair but a good number of our team (up to 10 players I'd reckon) would have came from same direction and been a bit late too. Meadow had to get to Kirkconnell for 6.45pm midweek with around half our squad from Glasgow so we had bare bones that game and guys getting favours to get away from work early / taking half days etc, just dug out 3-2 win. Also Renfrew ain't the easiest to get to midweek last week due to traffic especially from Irvine. I certainly wouldn't complain about traffic for a slow start or a poor result.

I think the final league game would be sensible for Saturday 26th May as would be sensible date for it and set up potentially a big game with a few interested neutrals present. But could just as easily be Monday 28th May or even into June....

So, after the mad dash to get to Irvine on Wednesday night, we have the 10-minute trip along the road today to Vale of Clyde in the Central League Cup.

Here's hoping we have enough in the tank to get us through to the quarter finals.

A comfortable win today and good to rest a few important players (Donaldson, McGuire, Smith, McKay) and bring a couple back from injury (Leyden, Gormley).

A week to rest up now and prepare for an enormous match away to Troon next Saturday.

Fantastic performance from our boys today, and it sets us up for a "cup final" next week at home to Meadow. If we win we're guaranteed at least a play-off place.

Today's efforts will need to be replicated next Saturday. It's going to be quite an occasion.

A home game on the last day to get into the play-offs, in our own hands. That's all we can ask for.

Archived