Rutherglen Glencairn 2017-18

glensmad

Thought it was a good point for glens as Largs will be kicking themselves with the chances they missed 

Largs had more possession, but I think on clear cut chances it was fairly even. Both sides hit the crossbar, and both goalies had two important saves that I can think of. A draw was a fair result in my opinion.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, glensmad said:

Largs had more possession, but I think on clear cut chances it was fairly even. Both sides hit the crossbar, and both goalies had two important saves that I can think of. A draw was a fair result in my opinion.

Surely not mate? Largs were better for the majority of what I saw - I missed the first 20 mins right enough but when I was going in there was nobody there but don’t panic I went straight to the pie stall and handed in my £6 . It was a fiery game and I’d say an enjoyable game considering it was 0 0. Also a healthy crowd which is always good to see.

I trust there were no unfortunate injuries caused by broken glass left by the local arseholes? If no, well done all at ‘Cairn.

There was a bottle lying on the pitch at 9am on Saturday morning which had been thrown into the stadium from outside, but fortunately it didn't break.

The pitch was in absolutely tremendous condition yesterday, and was a real credit to Eddie Smith's work over the past few years.

Surely not mate? Largs were better for the majority of what I saw - I missed the first 20 mins right enough but when I was going in there was nobody there but don’t panic I went straight to the pie stall and handed in my £6 . It was a fiery game and I’d say an enjoyable game considering it was 0 0. Also a healthy crowd which is always good to see.

I think the highlights back up my opinion, but hey thanks for your money. [emoji106]

So that's us reached the mid point of our league fixtures, and we're in the top half of the table and very much in touch with the play-off positions. We're 2 points behind 6th place with 3 games in hand, but we're conscious that the teams below us will be eyeing those places as well.

There are only two teams that we've played twice (Largs Thistle and Kilsyth Rangers), and we've played all of the top 3 away from home already. We've still to play Irvine Meadow and Maryhill twice.

Our next two league matches are very important, home v Shettleston and then away v 6th placed Darvel.

Meantime we have a wee break from league action for the start of what could be the last ever Central League Cup competition. A tricky test away to St Roch's awaits, it's been a good few years since we played up there.

10 hours ago, glensmad said:

There was a bottle lying on the pitch at 9am on Saturday morning which had been thrown into the stadium from outside, but fortunately it didn't break.

The pitch was in absolutely tremendous condition yesterday, and was a real credit to Eddie Smith's work over the past few years.

Good to hear. No idea what these dickheads get out of doing stuff like that.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

He was talking about Largs, but don't let that stop you from demonstrating (again) your lack of understanding. emoji23.png

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

He was talking about Largs, but don't let that stop you from demonstrating (again) your lack of understanding. emoji23.png

Don’t dive in Peter lol . Why was Hamilton not playing thought the changes made helped glens. Still fancy glencairn to be in the mix.

Don’t dive in Peter lol . Why was Hamilton not playing thought the changes made helped glens. Still fancy glencairn to be in the mix.

Lol, pointing out you made an arse of it is diving in now, eh ? [emoji23] Hamilton has been ill and injured recently and only returned to training last week, so he's not fully match fit.

Just now, Ade Eyemond said:

Not long moved into the area, and fancied starting to go to a couple of games, how much is it to get in to Rutherglen games ?

£6 adults, £3 concessions. It would be good to see you, the next home game is on 10th February v Shettleston.

• 3 weeks later...

We have just noticed that our fixture for 24th March is now at home to Maryhill, instead of at home to Renfrew.

We're not sure when it was changed or why, but we haven't played Maryhill yet so it makes sense to schedule this game instead of the original one.

Archived