How does your partner respond to you going to the football?

My favourite is when we get pumped and she tries to appease me with some horrendous patter like "well im sure they tried" or of we scored in said defeat "well at least they managed to get a goal"

I always get after some infuriating home draw with the likes of caley or someone else we should have beaten:

"oh well at least you didn't lose"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mines tends to work Saturdays so it's not a problem. When she is off though shes expects me to be available unless we are at home as she knows I have a season ticket. This Saturday we are away to Morton and she has the day off :(.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I always get after some infuriating home draw with the likes of caley or someone else we should have beaten:

I used to get that alot but she's starting to learn what constitutes a good result and what doesn't.. she checks the score and knows wether to expect me to be in a rager or in a good mood when I come home.

34 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

And the classic "oh well, never mind" :blink:

Husband doesn't bother with football much, he occasionally takes the boy to a Highland League game if I haven't taken him to Pittodrie. I don't tend to take our son to away games, although I'm taking him to Dingwall this weekend.

I wouldnt want the Mrs to see me seething at strangers anyway.

That's a shout, there's a side of me reserved for football matches only. Not sure she'd still want to be seen with me after I lose it for the tenth time in the first half an hour. [emoji23]

21 minutes ago, KlokTheKock said:

Who the f*** takes their Mrs to the football, where's the fun in that? Surely one of the reasons we go is to get away from them?

"Did you see that....he just kicked him!?"

This is a completely new thread on its own…

“Is he meant to pass to the player in the different coloured shirt?”

“Why didn’t they stop them kicking a goal?”

12 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I'm quite lucky in that more often than not she wants to come along as well. 

I've learned from my previous woman choices while I'm younger. "You love football more than me" *huff huff*. - get rid!!

Made it clear, in a nice way when we met that i basically live to go to football. My Saturday night mood is totally dependent on the result. As much a many will say that's not healthy, I just cant help it. 

There's been the odd moment where there has been a wee wobble though. We we're playing Hamilton away the night of Mrs Browns boys at the Hydro and we we're going with the in laws. "My mum thinks you shouldn't go to the football as we might not have time for going into TGI's for tea 1st." 

Choice was simple, i go to football and meet them at Mrs Browns boys or they come to the game with me. I won... All 4 of us at the Hamilton game 1st. (Foster & Swanson day). 

She tells me even when when we have kids as long as I can afford it she'll not TRY and stop me going to games... Do you think she'll stick by that promise...?

This whole post gives me shivers, like.

Hamilton.

giphy.gif

Mrs Browns boys.

giphy.gif

TGI Fridays.

giphy.gif

Mrs Killienick doesn't mind me going to the match, (she checks the result so she knows whether to mock me when I return). I go to all Scotland home games and 3 or 4 Killie away trips a season and these are OK too but she's not a fan of football on the telebox.

My ex missus says the only time she saw me truly ecstatic was when I won 2 season tickets from the Barrs bottle competition, that includes the birth of my kids. New burd knows how much the football means to me and let's me get on with it.

Okay - so that's your Sims game . . . .

Missus is a County fan, used to like watching football, until I suggested she come to a few games with me. It was an absolute dire run of form which led to her saying "can I just stay in the pub on my own next time?"

Thistle v County games are a lot more interesting now though.

Fine up until the point of having a daughter. I work five days a week and she works two, so that we don't see each other a great deal as one or the other of us is working as the other looks after our daughter. It means on the rare day we do have off together she doesn't really like me going off to the football and not seeing her. It meant last season I went to fewer games than I have in years. Once our daughter is older and we can stop working opposite shifts I expect I'll get to games more often, but at the moment it's roughly one game a month I can make, when I have that magic combination of being off at the same time as my wife and have made sure to tell her from a few weeks in advance what day the football is and the week of making sure I mention it daily so she knows I'll be away.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Fine up until the point of having a daughter. I work five days a week and she works two, so that we don't see each other a great deal as one or the other of us is working as the other looks after our daughter. It means on the rare day we do have off together she doesn't really like me going off to the football and not seeing her. It meant last season I went to fewer games than I have in years. Once our daughter is older and we can stop working opposite shifts I expect I'll get to games more often, but at the moment it's roughly one game a month I can make, when I have that magic combination of being off at the same time as my wife and have made sure to tell her from a few weeks in advance what day the football is and the week of making sure I mention it daily so she knows I'll be away.

Going to be honest mate.....it sounds like you are absolutely miserable

Wife has been once, to watch us lift the 1st division trophy, she now associates having hangover from hell to football.... bonus

used to take the eldest daughter but there was only so many times in 90 mins I could explain who the guy with the whistle was, why he wore yellow/black, why he didn't kick the ball, what team he played for! Now I just sneak out the door for milk, text where I'm going, turn phone off and deal with the consequences afterwards! 

Archived