Sportscene Watch 19/20

5 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Saturday 4.40 put on BBC1 for Sportscene Results.

Were they talking about the amazing Falkirk performance....
Peterhead striding on with a good win....
Shock lose for Ayr at home to Arbroath.....

No they said 'well it the winter break so let's have a round up of the season so far, some Premier goal clips followed by a chat about the Premiership.

As the final scores are going in on live matches.

c***s to a man

Except that didn't happen.

The "season roundup" didn't appear until just under 25 minutes in (so 4.55pm), after all the full-times had come and discussion around two out of the three things you highlighted. The third (Peterhead) likely wasn't discussed because they didn't have a reporter there.

It's on iPlayer if you don't believe me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09lkwbw/sportscene-06012018

I say again, bullshit undermines genuine complaints. 

Edited by The Master

They do it before the gave the final scores and league tables of the day....

My time may be wrong

My complaint right

That part should not have happened before the full time scores being read out and the tables went through.

And I will dispute your timing, although can't be accurate as had to turn to sky for results being given

1 minute ago, MEADOWXI said:

They do it before the gave the final scores and league tables of the day....

My time may be wrong

My complaint right

That part should not have happened before the full time scores being read out and the tables went through.

And I will dispute your timing, although can't be accurate as had to turn to sky for results being given

Dispute it all you like. It's there in black and white on iPlayer - 24:47 on a show that started at 4.30pm = 4.54pm. 

The classified results and tables are never shown until just before 5pm. I'm pretty sure that's always been the case, going back to Tim Gudgin reading them out. The reason being that the vast majority of games will definitely be over by then, reducing the number of "late results". 

This really is a complaint for the sake of complaining just because it's Sportscene.

8 hours ago, The Master said:

Dispute it all you like. It's there in black and white on iPlayer - 24:47 on a show that started at 4.30pm = 4.54pm. 

The classified results and tables are never shown until just before 5pm. I'm pretty sure that's always been the case, going back to Tim Gudgin reading them out. The reason being that the vast majority of games will definitely be over by then, reducing the number of "late results". 

This really is a complaint for the sake of complaining just because it's Sportscene.

It's a complaint that a day that was perfect for focussing on the other divisions was used to waste time talking about the Premiership at a time when it's results time.

Should have been zero Premiership waffle in the programme from 4.30 till it ended.

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

It's a complaint that a day that was perfect for focussing on the other divisions was used to waste time talking about the Premiership at a time when it's results time.

Should have been zero Premiership waffle in the programme from 4.30 till it ended.

It's a complaint for complaining's sake. "It's Sportscene therefore I must find something to moan about".

The reporters had filed their full time reports. The pundits had discussed what those reporters had just been telling them. They were waiting for the classified results to be compiled. Spending three whole minutes talking about the Premiership basically to kill time really isn't a big deal. 

Saturday 4.40 put on BBC1 for Sportscene Results.

Were they talking about the amazing Falkirk performance....
Peterhead striding on with a good win....
Shock lose for Ayr at home to Arbroath.....

No they said 'well it the winter break so let's have a round up of the season so far, some Premier goal clips followed by a chat about the Premiership.

As the final scores are going in on live matches.

c***s to a man

Us beating Ayr at Somerset is just the norm these days.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

30 minutes of Celtic game and boring sycophantic chat. 10 minutes of boring sycophantic Sevco chat. Only the goals from the other games.

...is not what Sportscene will be.

Were you at East End Park today? If you were, you'll have noticed the multi-camera OB setup for your game to have a decent length edit (the three featured games will all get ~20 minutes, including the analysis). 

I say this often, but it can't be said enough - Sportscene is not perfect. There's plenty to criticise it for. But making shit up and criticising that weakens those valid criticisms.

5 minutes ago, The Master said:

...is not what Sportscene will be.

Were you at East End Park today? If you were, you'll have noticed the multi-camera OB setup for your game to have a decent length edit (the three featured games will all get ~20 minutes, including the analysis). 

I say this often, but it can't be said enough - Sportscene is not perfect. There's plenty to criticise it for. But making shit up and criticising that weakens those valid criticisms.

We'll see. I hope I'm wrong