Sportscene Watch 19/20

Thought the blue bigots had just ignored the pointless Show Racism stuff but, even worse, most of the team had the red stickers on their shirts when the sides came out of the tunnel so must have taken them off before kick off.  I await their condemnation...

41 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Willie Miller's knowledge of the important things in Scottish football is incredible.

If I was an Aberdeen fan I would probably think Miller was good as well. For supporters of every other team in the country he is very poor. 

He should have a job on a local radio station and cover Aberdeen only, he shouldn't be anywhere near national radio.

If I was an Aberdeen fan I would probably think Miller was good as well. For supporters of every other team in the country he is very poor. 
He should have a job on a local radio station and cover Aberdeen only, he shouldn't be anywhere near national radio.

Nah he's poor.

Whilst he's clearly knowledgeable on the game and an absolute fucking hero he's still poor.

I dislike the 'top teams need to be in the league' chat but more than anything I find him just very negative in general. More than happy to talk about how bored he is at any given game and I just tend to switch off when he gets going on one of those.

18 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Without their beloved Old Firm in league action, it seems like they are giving each game a decent amount of time for once.

Yup, decent highlights thus far. Puts to bed the lie that they're only allowed to show a limited couple of minutes of games

1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

Agreed, why don’t they just randomly start showing another league 10 shows in?

When a programme only has three games to cover in the time allocated to show twice that many then it makes perfect sense to include games from the league below, something they were amazingly able to do quite recently. It's really quite a simple concept actually.

14 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Agreed, why don’t they just randomly start showing another league 10 shows in?

It wouldn't be random though.

It would reflect the fact that fewer top flight games took place this weekend than is usual.  The different divisions are now in the same organisation, so there is no issue over rights.  Indeed, as already pointed out, games outside the top league were sometimes screened on the show when some of the bigger sides were outside it.

The call to show games from other divisions at times, is perfectly legitimate and sensible.

The commentator in the County vs Accies game said that Tam Mikkelson was in the Dundee Utd team that Accies relegated last season, what a load of shite, Utd were already in the seaside leagues and Hamilton won to stay up.