Annan XI vs Annan Athletic

Would agree with all the comments above not a great performance but we created a number of good chances. Annan offered very little and it was similar performance to the Berwick game.

I thought the ref was appalling for both sides today. Would like to see the Stewart penalty claim again at the time I thought it was a penalty.

I'm not a fan of us playing 3-5-2 with Home and Stewart offering very little in an attacking sense at wing back. I'm guessing Chapman has Lowdon in mind to left wing back with Stewart moving over to the right. I would rather play 4-4-2 so we can play another of our attacking players.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delighted to get 3 points on the board and from that respect today was a very important result, first 25-30 mins we were all over the place and the shape just did not work. We did create but suppose we always will with Goodwillie; he quite simply is on a different level and produces chances on his own given he is prety much isolated a lot of the time. That said when Smart came on it did give a lot more options.

Not a fan of Miller to be honest, as was the case in his first spell flatters to deceive, other than set pieces don't think he contributes much at all, if fact when he comes so deep to collect the ball it completely disrupts the back line. Not convinced Nicol is a centre half either but perhaps there was an injury from the start.

All in all though credit to the workrate of the players and to Chapman who at least seem able to notice issues and change things. Obviously work in progress and we are still in obvious need of a CH and a proper midfield player. Decent performances from Cuddihy, Ramsay and eventually Stuart.

Just give goodwillie player of the year now the guy is pure class first half was dire simple as that the second a lot better Flynn better? He hardly touched the ball and did nothing cuddhy best game I have seen him play ( wouldn't be difficult though) Ramsay second half was good. Defence we need to go out and sign a centre half end of why burbridge doesn't get a run in team? Anyway three points very welcome

1 hour ago, clydenil said:

Harrison has sat on the bench for at least 3 games in a row. He is an excellent young centre half. I'd like to see him play.

Surely cant be any worse than Brezlin?? At least I think he's a proper centre half.

Good to get the win today and 3 points on the board. Still got the usual problems we've had but we look able to score plenty. hopefully Nicol's injury isn't serious or we could have major problems.  

Thought osadolor made a difference when he came on very direct and good physical presence and a goal brings energy and something different a bit unpredictable but must admit I like that. I would stick with two up front , with the defence the way it is we need to score minimum of 2 or three to win a game

I think I feel sea sick after watching those highlights.

I think it's a new guy doing them and don't want to criticise too much but hopefully next time there'll be a few more of the shots on goal (Goodwillie's first half turn and shot, Ramsay's missed header, Currie's save), and a bit less of the players running the ball out of play. 

Just watched the highlights. Some of the most pointless uninteresting highlights included for whatever reason.

Stick to showing goals, sending offs, good chances, penalties and leave out subs and head tennis.

I'm sure that unlike Gormley's ability to control the ball, the highlights will get better over time as the person doing it gets more experience.

In saying that, I'd really would have liked to have seen better footage of the penalty/dive controversy.

Archived