No West Region Fixtures - Saturday 14th October

Brig O'Lea

I say, what arrant nonsense.

Why should the likes of Benburb, The Ants, Perthshire, Irvine Vics have their games cancelled for a tournament that most of their fans will have absolutely no interest in at all? Time for the clubs to move the games back to the original dates as fixtures are a West Region issue and not an SJFA issue. If it is the West that have cancelled everything then shame on them.

Well now that's poppycock - it may be in the constitution and rules but its the clubs that are losing out here. We're all losing a weeks worth of fixtures and unless the games are being played in Ayrshire then surely clubs in the East will also have to cancel games?

After typing that first paragraph I've done some Google directions from Pollok and Renfrew as a couple of examples- if the games are there then essentially everything West of Livingston that is south of the Forth would also have to be called off - Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Blackburn, Camelon, Bathgate, Whitburn, Stoneyburn, Livingston, Broxburn, West Calder and anyone else I've sadly forgotten in my addled old age.

It's in the SJFA constitution and rules that when a Junior international takes place in Scotland no other Junior match is allowed to take place within a 45 mile radius.

Surely Kello and possibly Girvan could still have home games as be over 45 miles away?

Only teams in the top division will likely have players picked so surely let teams not involved get a fixture in?

Archived