Buying tickets for German football games

6 minutes ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Is it easy enough to get tickets for Eintracht Frankfurt or are there better options nearby?

Not sure what it's like now, but I went to an Eintracht game in 2008 and had no problems getting a ticket on the day of the game as the ground was not sold out. 

29 minutes ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Is it easy enough to get tickets for Eintracht Frankfurt or are there better options nearby?

As long as it's not for a game against Bayern or Dortmund, they're easy to get. Can currently buy online for all their home games (not Bayern or Dortmund) through to round 17.

http://www.eintracht.de/en/tickets/

https://tickets.eintracht.de/default.php

Not sure what it's like now, but I went to an Eintracht game in 2008 and had no problems getting a ticket on the day of the game as the ground was not sold out. 

As long as it's not for a game against Bayern or Dortmund, they're easy to get. Can currently buy online for all their home games (not Bayern or Dortmund) through to round 17.
http://www.eintracht.de/en/tickets/
https://tickets.eintracht.de/default.php

Thanks guys. Been to Berlin and Dortmund before and fancy a change.

Is Frankfurt decent for a night out?

Just now, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Thanks guys. Been to Berlin and Dortmund before and fancy a change.

Is Frankfurt decent for a night out?

Not really from what I can remember, it's a fairly dull bankers city.  

Just now, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Might be better off heading to Cologne then.

Cologne is a much better night out than Frankfurt.  Plus if you like lager then Kolsch is excellent!  If drinking kolsch you have to remember that your coaster is your bill (the waiter will put a mark on it when they bring a fresh glass) and they will keep bringing beers until you put your coaster on top of your glass.  If you don't pay attention you can get pished pretty quickly and it can get expensive!

On 11/08/2017 at 06:35, Stevie Aitken said:
Yeah I've fired them off an email, playing the tourist card, so fingers crossed they'll put a ticket aside for me.

There's not going to be a general sale for the Braunschweig game. The DFB have it down as a high risk game so tickets can only be sold to members. Ah well, just need to watch it in the pub instead.

Probably heading over in October and hoping to get to a couple of games. It looks like Stuttgart v Koln on the Saturday, and then Sandhausen v St Pauli on the Sunday. A few questions:

- The dates/times seem provisional at the moment. How likely is it that these will change, and if so, when is the move likely to be announced?

- Does anyone have any thoughts on how easy it will be to get tickets to these games? Stuttgart have a big stadium - does it sell out? Sandhausen have a pretty small stadium, and I'm guessing that St Pauli will be a bit of a crowd-puller, although I really don't know.

- What's the atmosphere like at these grounds?

- What is Stuttgart like for a night out? Think we'd be staying there for a couple of nights.

The next set of exact times & days won't be announced until after the draws have been made for the CL & EL.

Tickets shouldn't be a problem, easily get them online once the general sale starts.

Have only been to Stuttgart & Sandhausen the once. Both easy to get to from their respective Hauptbahnhofs.

On 18/08/2017 at 16:04, German Jag said:

The next set of exact times & days won't be announced until after the draws have been made for the CL & EL.

Tickets shouldn't be a problem, easily get them online once the general sale starts.

Have only been to Stuttgart & Sandhausen the once. Both easy to get to from their respective Hauptbahnhofs.

Cheers for that. Also looks as if Eintracht Frankfurt v Dortmund might be doable that weekend too, depending on when the game ends up getting scheduled for. This sounds like one that there might be a higher demand for tickets to. Any idea how easy it will be to get tickets for it?

3 hours ago, Adamski said:

Cheers for that. Also looks as if Eintracht Frankfurt v Dortmund might be doable that weekend too, depending on when the game ends up getting scheduled for. This sounds like one that there might be a higher demand for tickets to. Any idea how easy it will be to get tickets for it?

Stuttgart v. Köln, acc. to Stuttgart Ticket site sales won't start till middle of September. The ticketing web-site doesn't seem to have an English version. Print@home tickets are available which saves the hassle of international postage / having to collect them on the day. Having the tickets in advance means that you can use local transport on the way to the game.

Sandhausen v. St.Pauli, No info as regards sales starts on Sandhausen's ticket site , best bet is to turn up on the day and buy from the ticket office (there is no chance the game will get anywhere close to selling out). Their ticketing web-site is available in English but don't think they do print@home tickets.

Frankfurt v. Dortmund, Tickets for all games involving Dortmund (& Bayern) are difficult due to the amount of gloryhunters they have within Germany,as well as there being a large demand from overseas visitors. Exact sales schedule is still to be announced acc. the Eintracht ticketing site, but doubt that there'll be many tickets left after the members sale. Any public sale will be sold out immediately. Thereafter it's viagogo, seatwave etc.

Register with all 3 clubs, that way you'll get updated as to forthcoming sales starts

Düsseldorf is a fucking belting night out. 
A group of us travelled across for their final game of last season but the pubs were far too appealing and ended up bumping the game. 

I was at that game actually, saw Dortmund vs Bremen on the Saturday and Fortuna vs Erzgebirge on the Sunday. Atmosphere was brilliant for an end of season game between two teams who had narrowly avoided relegation. Having the guys with kegs on their back deliver beer to your seat was nice too.

We bumped into a bunch of steaming Scottish guys in the Irish pubs in Düsseldorf later that night, don't suppose it could have been your lot?

27 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

We bumped into a bunch of steaming Scottish guys in the Irish pubs in Düsseldorf later that night, don't suppose it could have been your lot?

I don't recall being in an Irish pub but to be fair I remember very little of the whole weekend so I couldn't rule it out. 

8 hours ago, German Jag said:

Stuttgart v. Köln, acc. to Stuttgart Ticket site sales won't start till middle of September. The ticketing web-site doesn't seem to have an English version. Print@home tickets are available which saves the hassle of international postage / having to collect them on the day. Having the tickets in advance means that you can use local transport on the way to the game.

Sandhausen v. St.Pauli, No info as regards sales starts on Sandhausen's ticket site , best bet is to turn up on the day and buy from the ticket office (there is no chance the game will get anywhere close to selling out). Their ticketing web-site is available in English but don't think they do print@home tickets.

Frankfurt v. Dortmund, Tickets for all games involving Dortmund (& Bayern) are difficult due to the amount of gloryhunters they have within Germany,as well as there being a large demand from overseas visitors. Exact sales schedule is still to be announced acc. the Eintracht ticketing site, but doubt that there'll be many tickets left after the members sale. Any public sale will be sold out immediately. Thereafter it's viagogo, seatwave etc.

Register with all 3 clubs, that way you'll get updated as to forthcoming sales starts

Thanks again! Great info.

Archived