Airdrie vs Arbroath

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to get some use out of the away kit. I don't mind us wearing it when we are away

Och no, use when required only and yesterday, it was not required

2 hours ago, Big lichtie said:

away games will always be the away strip doesnt matter what the home teams colours are

I doubt you'll be wearing it away to Forfar or Raith Rovers and possibly Queens Park 

please explain why that is utter garbage. a shirt sponsor will demand that happens. to promote there companys name to a wider audience.also nobody forces any fan to purchase a top why buy it then moan about it .

We have the same sponsor on both strips, if you mean Pendle, I doubt they will make such demands to a League 1 club, myself I have not purchased any of this years offerings

I doubt you'll be wearing it away to Forfar or Raith Rovers and possibly Queens Park 

Or Albion Rovers, Alloa, East Fife, Ayr, Stranraer or Airdrie

15 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Does it really matter, they are both decent kits.

This, I do not disagree with, the fact they are both decent kits, in fact In the league, we should be able to wear maroon in every game

19 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Does it really matter, they are both decent kits.

In my opinion (which is what forums are for) yes it does matter.

I was baffled yesterday how maroon would clash with Airdrie's white. Every club has their primary colour kit and an alternative one for when they play away and the opposition have a similar colour. My overwhelming preference is for the team to play as many games as possible in the primary kit colour. All this changing kits away just to get wear out of it is absolute bollocks for my money. The only time an away side should wear their 2nd kit (which is what it is, not away kit) is when the primary colour kit clashes with the home team's kit.

Also, I disagree that they are both decent kits. I hate black as a colour for a football shirt. It is awful. Only refs should wear black. Arbroath should have a light colour as their 2nd strip as maroon is dark.

Just my opinion though.

4 minutes ago, WT Figo said:

In my opinion (which is what forums are for) yes it does matter.

I was baffled yesterday how maroon would clash with Airdrie's white. Every club has their primary colour kit and an alternative one for when they play away and the opposition have a similar colour. My overwhelming preference is for the team to play as many games as possible in the primary kit colour. All this changing kits away just to get wear out of it is absolute bollocks for my money. The only time an away side should wear their 2nd kit (which is what it is, not away kit) is when the primary colour kit clashes with the home team's kit.

This is the perfect answer, spot on

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think the black kits are brilliant and honestly couldn't care less what we wear.

If we're away from home then wearing the away kit kind of makes sense..

That's the point it is not an away kit, it is an alternate kit and there is no colour clashes for us this season

Archived