Airdrie vs Arbroath

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly don't remember Arbroath supporters being this excitable...

Anyway, back to the football.

From the five competitive games we've played so far this season the best performances have come in our two home games, so I'm hoping we can produce a better performance here.

I'd hope to see something along the lines of:

Rohan
McIntosh - Cairns - Brownlie - MacDonald (sigh)

Fry/ Higgins - Stewart - Conroy

Louden - Ryan - Russell

However a predictable lineup, including that sh*tebag Brown somewhere is more likely.

We really need to get some points on the board early or I fear this young squad will lose confidence. A game like this we really should be looking to get something out of.

1 hour ago, Diamond Oracle said:

I certainly don't remember Arbroath supporters being this excitable...

Anyway, back to the football.

From the five competitive games we've played so far this season the best performances have come in our two home games, so I'm hoping we can produce a better performance here.

I'd hope to see something along the lines of:

Rohan
McIntosh - Cairns - Brownlie - MacDonald (sigh)

Fry/ Higgins - Stewart - Conroy

Louden - Ryan - Russell

However a predictable lineup, including that sh*tebag Brown somewhere is more likely.

We really need to get some points on the board early or I fear this young squad will lose confidence. A game like this we really should be looking to get something out of.

Can't see Brown being dropped tbh, has this magical ability to always end up in the squad. Can't believe I'm saying this but could do with Gorman being back in the fold, would give us more defensive depth and we can't afford to be wasting wages this year, especially when it is our most experienced defender.

Rohan

McIntosh   Brownlie    Gorman    MacDonald

Cairns

Stewart              Conroy

Loudon                                              Brown

Ryan

Feel that squad would give us a better chance of conceding fewer goals, and when McIntosh and MacDonald push forward Cairns can slot into a back 3 meaning we aren't left totally exposed on the break.

Can't see Brown being dropped tbh, has this magical ability to always end up in the squad. Can't believe I'm saying this but could do with Gorman being back in the fold, would give us more defensive depth and we can't afford to be wasting wages this year, especially when it is our most experienced defender.
                            Rohan
McIntosh   Brownlie    Gorman    MacDonald
                            Cairns
               Stewart              Conroy
Loudon                                              Brown
                             Ryan

Feel that squad would give us a better chance of conceding fewer goals, and when McIntosh and MacDonald push forward Cairns can slot into a back 3 meaning we aren't left totally exposed on the break.

If Gorman was brought back into the fold, I'd slot him in at left back, push MacDonald up to left midfield and move Cairns back into centre half where him and Brownlie have looked decent. Then bring Fitzpatrick or Fry into the centre of midfield.

I think Brown has had more than enough time to prove himself. He is clearly not up for the fight that we'll find ourselves in this season.

16 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

If Gorman was brought back into the fold, I'd slot him in at left back, push MacDonald up to left midfield and move Cairns back into centre half where him and Brownlie have looked decent. Then bring Fitzpatrick or Fry into the centre of midfield.

I think Brown has had more than enough time to prove himself. He is clearly not up for the fight that we'll find ourselves in this season.

We've not heard much about Fitz but I reckon he may well be out long term or even permanently.

Reckon we could get a bit of joy out of Airdrie playing 4-3-3, Gold and Hamilton getting forward doubling up on the full backs.

I like the sound of that. I'm guessing Doris is fine as well. Club haven't said anything regarding a potential injury

£16 is an absolute joke and the boy is quite right bringing it up. The day people stop mentioning it or complaining about it is the day is accepted to shaft football fans. It's not acceptable. It's a joke, Scottish football is ridiculously over priced and it should be highlighted at every possible opportunity to shame those responsible.

36 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

£16 is an absolute joke and the boy is quite right bringing it up. The day people stop mentioning it or complaining about it is the day is accepted to shaft football fans. It's not acceptable. It's a joke, Scottish football is ridiculously over priced and it should be highlighted at every possible opportunity to shame those responsible.

Could you explain in what way charging £16 for entry is "shafting" football fans?  As far as I know the owners aren't making any profit worth mentioning, so the amount charged basically reflects how much it costs for Airdrie to put a team on the park.

You could reasonably say that £16 isn't value for money compared to other forms of entertainment (e.g. twice the price of a cinema ticket, 5 pints down your local 'spoons, 3 times the price of a monthly Netflix subscription) but nobody is cheating you.

32 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

How often do you go to a concert? Don't mind forking out a few quid a couple of times a year. Having to pay £16 every other week to watch utter pish is ridiculous.

You don't "have to" pay it. You don't "have to" go.

That's fine but if football clubs want to operate along the lines of "businesses" and treat supporters as "customers" then they best never come to these same "customers" and then try and emotionally black mail them into funding their "business" when their model fails.

Football clubs want to be businesses when they're ripping fans off charging over the top prices and releasing strips every season.

They then want to be community clubs when they're not doing well and want loyalty and people to bear with them when they're crap.

I know I don't need to go, same as other know they don't need to go. Which is why we're playing in front of 600 fans and spending more money than we have.

Could you explain in what way charging £16 for entry is "shafting" football fans?  As far as I know the owners aren't making any profit worth mentioning, so the amount charged basically reflects how much it costs for Airdrie to put a team on the park.

You could reasonably say that £16 isn't value for money compared to other forms of entertainment (e.g. twice the price of a cinema ticket, 5 pints down your local 'spoons, 3 times the price of a monthly Netflix subscription) but nobody is cheating you.

It's shafting the fans as it's the lazy, unimaginative approach to raising funds- just charge it at the gate.

British ticket prices are ridiculously over priced. If you can watch Bayern Munich or Napoli for the same price as Airdrie or Livingston then there is clearly something amiss. Scottish football is shafting fans by charging ridiculous prices for what is on offer.

It is terrible value for money. I'm not having a dig at our owners. My dig is at Scottish/British football in general.

7 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

That's fine but if football clubs want to operate along the lines of "businesses" and treat supporters as "customers" then they best never come to these same "customers" and then try and emotionally black mail them into funding their "business" when their model fails.

They're not run as businesses (sustainable businesses are run at a profit) but they still have wages and other running costs to pay - and the price of entry or merchandise is set to a level which allows the owner to affray those costs.  A term like "ripped off" completely misrepresents the reality of Airdrie's situation (and other small Scottish clubs).

They're not run as businesses (sustainable businesses are run at a profit) but they still have wages and other running costs to pay - and the price of entry or merchandise is set to a level which allows the owner to affray those costs.  A term like "ripped off" completely misrepresents the reality of Airdrie's situation (and other small Scottish clubs).

If you pay more for something than it is clearly worth then you have been "ripped off". If a large part of why you continue to pay that cost is because you feel emotionally obligated then to an extent you're being exploited.

Really with @The Chlamydia Kid here.   Entry fee is ridiculous for the product.  

Ballantyne clearly said years ago that he wanted this business model where he fleeces the 600 mugs for what he can get and stuff the rest.    Now he's got that he cant work with it.

Careful what you wish for.   I'd rather have The STI Kid running the club.

Archived