Airdrie vs Arbroath

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a look at Airdries highlights yesterday, thought the team looked like a youth team seemed really young.

Ryan obviously a massive threat but fancy ToB and Little to do a job against anyone in this league.

Looking forward to it, I'd also stick with the same team that played yesterday.

Was good that last time v Airdrie, even if the result wasn't, we got relegated last time we were there I'm sure. Not counting the 2-0 away win v Queens Park.

Did it have the football on? Not overly bothered like but that would be decent.

The bar will be open, but only shows Council tele and serves Council pints, in cans. You'd be better off going to either West End Bar or The Albert. Both are only a few quid in a taxi to the stadium and walkable from the train station.

Brought this up before but £16 to get into this level of football is a disgrace, plus us only charging £14? 
100% would be charging the away teams at gayfield what we are charged at their grounds 

Therefore increasing the chance of travelling fans deciding against coming to Gayfield and making the club less money?

Brought this up before but £16 to get into this level of football is a disgrace, plus us only charging £14? 
100% would be charging the away teams at gayfield what we are charged at their grounds 

You really have not thought this through, 16 quid is steep, so don't attend, as for charging away fans more at Gayfield, not for me we need to encourage visiting fans to attend, not put them off

34 minutes ago, ecto said:

You really have not thought this through, 16 quid is steep, so don't attend, as for charging away fans more at Gayfield, not for me we need to encourage visiting fans to attend, not put them off

What??

I will continue to attend away matches that I can make, it doesn't make me not want to go, but I'm fully entitled to complain about different prices to what we charge in the exact same league, 

I'd be more than for Arbroath to charge away fans a tenner  to attend, but it has to be the same for us when we go to there grounds, 

10 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

What??

I will continue to attend away matches that I can make, it doesn't make me not want to go, but I'm fully entitled to complain about different prices to what we charge in the exact same league, 

I'd be more than for Arbroath to charge away fans a tenner  to attend, but it has to be the same for us when we go to there grounds, 

You're paying for the facilities, views and ambience. Stop greetin'. 

Gotta love the perennial pricing argument.

It's almost as if the extra £2 it costs to get in is the tipping point which will rob their children of food and throw their monthly budget into chaos.

Whilst I agree that £16 is too expensive, so is £14 to stand in the inevitable gale at Gayfield. 

However, attendance isn't mandatory and you can choose to come and pay the extra £2, and you'll be welcome, or you can choose to get an extra half pint and watch Jeff Stelling.

Our reasons for the high pricing are well documented over several threads on here and there's no point in regurgitating them, but seriously.....it's £2.

21 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Fans getting punished for a failed football team with a ground they dont need & cant afford

A quick check and it looks like Ayr are charging £16, Raith too if I remember correctly. Albion Rovers charge £14 ffs and depending on when you turn up you can't even see the game (although they do offer alternative views from the overlooking hill for free).

It is what it is, if you don't like it, don't go. It's not an Airdrie phenomenon.

27 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Gotta love the perennial pricing argument.

It's almost as if the extra £2 it costs to get in is the tipping point which will rob their children of food and throw their monthly budget into chaos.

Whilst I agree that £16 is too expensive, so is £14 to stand in the inevitable gale at Gayfield. 

However, attendance isn't mandatory and you can choose to come and pay the extra £2, and you'll be welcome, or you can choose to get an extra half pint and watch Jeff Stelling.

Our reasons for the high pricing are well documented over several threads on here and there's no point in regurgitating them, but seriously.....it's £2.

Has anyone told him about the parking charges yet?

Christ, wish I never said anything, 

£14 at gayfield is to much too, I fully agree, but if we are charged £16 to attend then away teams visiting us should too, fully agree away fans should be cheaper but it should be the same at all grounds, 

Dont get me started on parking!!! Although it's worth it not to come back to the car sitting on bricks 

Archived