Hamilton Academical VS Dundee

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

05b92b0e5b91174de90fa0be08131cea.jpg

Picture of the day, Caption this

Following stints as a TV pundit and football manager, Neil practices his harmonica day and night for his next job as a busker 

I genuinely like the burgeoning rivalry Dundee and Hamilton have. It's probably embarrassing for a few Dee's to admit because Hamilton don't get many fans, therefore we like to think we are 'above'.

It'd be a nothing game normally but since we got relegated in the mid 2000s, our clubs histories have been more aligned than any other. The drama of the season of McCarthy and Mccarthur vs McDonald and Robertson. The Derek Lyle saga. The Antoine Curier bond. The fight for promotion and the 10-2 final day trouncing Hamilton gave Morton in order to stake a claim for the title. The numerous pumpings each side has given each other. Us putting six past them and then them putting 4 and now 3 past us.

The skirmishes at the Hamilton garden shed. Bomber Brown trying to intervene in a rammy between both sets of fans, which resulted in us uniting and telling him to GTF. And obviously other incidents off the pitch.

Hamilton have tried and succeeded where St Johnstone and Livingston before them have failed, in that most Dundee fans I know genuinely dislike Hamilton rather than show general indifference. Well played Hamilton, well played.

Dundee fans are defo more bitter about the rivalry. Still raging about 2008 then when they thought they had one up on us in 2014 we just won the play off instead.

Yet your fans spent the whole game singing about us[emoji23]

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I genuinely like the burgeoning rivalry Dundee and Hamilton have. It's probably embarrassing for a few Dee's to admit because Hamilton don't get many fans, therefore we like to think we are 'above'.

It'd be a nothing game normally but since we got relegated in the mid 2000s, our clubs histories have been more aligned than any other. The drama of the season of McCarthy and Mccarthur vs McDonald and Robertson. The Derek Lyle saga. The Antoine Curier bond. The fight for promotion and the 10-2 final day trouncing Hamilton gave Morton in order to stake a claim for the title. The numerous pumpings each side has given each other. Us putting six past them and then them putting 4 and now 3 past us.

The skirmishes at the Hamilton garden shed. Bomber Brown trying to intervene in a rammy between both sets of fans, which resulted in us uniting and telling him to GTF. And obviously other incidents off the pitch.

Hamilton have tried and succeeded where St Johnstone and Livingston before them have failed, in that most Dundee fans I know genuinely dislike Hamilton rather than show general indifference. Well played Hamilton, well played.

I actually quite like the club, seem to be a well run organisation that does a lot of good in their local community. It's their fanbase I cant fucking stand.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Goes back before that;started around the season when Dundee beat us in The Quarter Final Scottish Cup replay at Dens with a handball goal.Then you add the various rammies-one inside The Vaults,buses attacked at both grounds and even Dundee fans fighting Hamilton cops on the hill at The Sainsbury's End and it has been going for a while.

Fwiw,Accies have "traded up" our rivalries with Dundee replacing Clyde.

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Goes back before that;started around the season when Dundee beat us in The Quarter Final Scottish Cup replay at Dens with a handball goal.Then you add the various rammies-one inside The Vaults,buses attacked at both grounds and even Dundee fans fighting Hamilton cops on the hill at The Sainsbury's End and it has been going for a while.

Fwiw,Accies have "traded up" our rivalries with Dundee replacing Clyde.

Last time we trashed the Vaults we caused £20,000 worth of improvements.

unnamed (38).gif

Archived