Hamilton Academical VS Dundee

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/08/2017 at 20:59, Dundee-FC92 said:

I'll join Rodger in that if Dundee get beat i'll depart p&b until further notice.

The stinging minter of getting beat by a pub team like Hamilton will destruct the non deluded one. 

Thankfully, there's absolutely no chance of loss.

Thank you.

0382_s7tr.gif

rdlol.gif

749.gif

giphy.gif

IMG_0528.PNG

Imrie, MacKinnon, McMann and Woods were the stand-outs. Dundee could've put 6/7 past us, but thanks to Woods and shite finishing it wasn't to be. Dundee pressing high at times really did play into our hands with Bingham and Boyd up top and the wing-backs exploiting the gaps.
Also, McCann's a wee moaning fud :lol:

On 06/08/2017 at 20:59, Dundee-FC92 said:

I'll join Rodger in that if Dundee get beat i'll depart p&b until further notice.

The stinging minter of getting beat by a pub team like Hamilton will destruct the non deluded one. 

Thankfully, there's absolutely no chance of loss.

Thank you.

Off you fucking pop.

Where to start : those two misses at the start of the game,the penalty and the one straight after are some of the worst I have ever witnessed at NDP...just as well it was the visitors lol.

Accies grew in confidence after the first goal and a superb goal by young Boydie.Some good passing football at times let down as usual by the lack of options up front.

We can compete with most sides defence/midfield wise but are still badly lacking up front.What a difference a good striker would make to us position and confidence wise.

Longridge should watch how Temps played when he came on and learn rather than running like a headless chicken.

Finally,ome tough games coming up,so the points were needed.Onto Easter Road where we will come up against a Simon Murray who we contained well in the play offs.

f**k me. I'm never going back to Hamilton. Nothing wrong with the place, I actually quite like but it always ends in tears. Credit to Hamilton, they keep it pretty simple but from my perspective we gifted the 3 points.
Ok we had a tough game midweek but Hamilton played too but as I feared the intensity wasn't there. What has happened to Scott Allan? I'm not saying he's to blame for everything, far from it, but the footballing intelligence we saw in the LC group stages has completely disappeared. Our complete failure to take our chances is a bit worrying. Any thoughts that we could be pushing for top 6 have evaporated. It's early days but the players are going to have to show the grit, determination and skill they displayed in both games against the Arabs or we will be bottom feeding all season. Fucking grim.

That's the first time McGowan has been mentioned in the text commentary since the team line-ups - when he was subbed.

mentioned previously McGowan is past the player he was a few years back. He can deliver a high work rate that we got against the DABS but he cant do it week to week anymore. He tends to run around to no great effect. He gets lots of love because of how he reacts in games like the DABS but really he doesnt cut it any more. If his name came up available for moving on I doubt a single Premier team would move. He is moving towards a useful lower division level and we are stuck with him.

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

f**k me. I'm never going back to Hamilton. Nothing wrong with the place, I actually quite like but it always ends in tears. Credit to Hamilton, they keep it pretty simple but from my perspective we gifted the 3 points.
Ok we had a tough game midweek but Hamilton played too but as I feared the intensity wasn't there. What has happened to Scott Allan? I'm not saying he's to blame for everything, far from it, but the footballing intelligence we saw in the LC group stages has completely disappeared. Our complete failure to take our chances is a bit worrying. Any thoughts that we could be pushing for top 6 have evaporated. It's early days but the players are going to have to show the grit, determination and skill they displayed in both games against the Arabs or we will be bottom feeding all season. Fucking grim.

Anybody who still harboured delusions of us finishing top six after watching us struggle at times against lower league fodder like Arbroath, Buckie Thistle, and Dundee United was utterly mental. The longer we've went without bringing in a striker, the more it seems obvious to me that we are going to be in for another hard slog of a season. All summer the teams that were around and above us have been strengthening with players of known quality while we've taken a few punts on unproven guys again.

As Dundee fans we should know by now to always hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Take the hit on the chin and get behind the team for the next game.

Archived