Dundee United vs Queen of the South

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe anyone could suggest a young striker struggling to make his mark anywhere else can just stroll into our first eleven.

That's harsh I'd say. Going by his stats he's scored 25 goals from 51 appearances for Dumbarton and Saints. His record at this level though a short period is one that any striker would be proud of. He's done all he can at this level to show he's good enough. As far as loan signings for strikers go I can't imagine a better realistic target.

Lyle's fitness is superb but you can't realistically expect him to last 90 minutes every game at his age.

I was someone that wasn't sure if Lyle was still upto it but he proved me wrong last Saturday. Looked far better, intelligence on the all and two decent finishes, could've had couple more. Not the only one, who's performances were far better, Lyndon, Dan and Shaun Rooney all put in better performances. Be hard to leave any out on that showing, but Dundee united are a total different proposition to Brechin.

Could go 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 with new signings. Few folk I've spoken to think 3-5-2 is how we'll go but personally think Dundee united will kill us down the wings if we do.

4-4-2

Martin
Rooney Fordyce Brownlie marshall
Carmichael Rankin Jacobs Dykes/Stirling
Dobbie Kane

Can't make up my mind with Dykes or Stirling but think he may go Dykes down to his height etc, but thought Stirling looked good when he came on.

3-5-2

Martin
Fordyce Brownlie kerr
Rooney Marshall
Rankin Jacobs
Carmichael
Dobbie Kane

Actually looks a decent line up on paper also.

On 10/08/2017 at 09:13, Granny Danger said:

Lewis
Murdoch Durnan Scobbie Robson
Briels Fyvie
King Stanton McMullan
Keatings or McDonald

Is Scobbie likely to be fit? I haven't paid any attention for the past 36 ours or so.

One thing I was pleasantly surprised by on Wednesday was the performance of Robson when he came on. Seemed more aggressive and more defensively sound than I remember him before.

This. Id be amazed in Kane has been brought in to be anything other than a starter. Lyle still has a huge role to play for us, but this is our best partnership on paper anyway

Our manager says he's only let him go as he needs to be playing every week and we can't offer him that. I doubt he'll be there to be rotated.

39 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

No, Scobbie's definitely out, certainly according to the Tele. "Torn" groin muscle, although that might be them being a bit overdramatic. 

Well the Edge in for Scobbie and fingers crossed.  It's a bit worrying that our cover in central defence with Scobie out is Toshney!  I agree about the possible over dramatisation of Scobbie's injury; was Keatings not reportedly out for six weeks before returning in about 10 days?

I reckon with the fitness issues regarding a few players we will possibly start tomorrow like...

Lewis

Murdoch (but probably Toshney)

Durnan

Edge

Robson

Flood (but hopefully Fyvie)

Briels

McMullan

Stanton

King

Keatings

Subs - Mehmet, Toshney/Murdoch, Flood/Fyvie, Fraser, McDonald, N'Koyi, Allardice 

6 hours ago, NM_1919 said:

I was someone that wasn't sure if Lyle was still upto it but he proved me wrong last Saturday. Looked far better, intelligence on the all and two decent finishes, could've had couple more. Not the only one, who's performances were far better, Lyndon, Dan and Shaun Rooney all put in better performances. Be hard to leave any out on that showing, but Dundee united are a total different proposition to Brechin.

Could go 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 with new signings. Few folk I've spoken to think 3-5-2 is how we'll go but personally think Dundee united will kill us down the wings if we do.

4-4-2

Martin
Rooney Fordyce Brownlie marshall
Carmichael Rankin Jacobs Dykes/Stirling
Dobbie Kane

Can't make up my mind with Dykes or Stirling but think he may go Dykes down to his height etc, but thought Stirling looked good when he came on.

3-5-2

Martin
Fordyce Brownlie kerr
Rooney Marshall
Rankin Jacobs
Carmichael
Dobbie Kane

Actually looks a decent line up on paper also.

Are Martin and Dobbie both fit to play?

10 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Up until yesterday I had the dry boak at the prospect of getting an absolute scudding in this game. News of the two loan signings and the possibility that Martin and Dobbie could be fit has put a different complexion on things. Definitely still a very tough fixture though and it would be stretching things a bit too far to hope that we still topped the table on Saturday night. Coming away with a point would be quite acceptable though.

This is exactly how i felt but the two signings did cheer me up a bit.Really pleased with the Kane signing.

31 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Preview on OS says so,Along with the two new signings

There is a subtle difference in the information on the OS. Dobbie "has trained this week, so comes back into the squad".  It doesn't say he has trained fully, all week. Martin is quoted as being "back in contention".  Doesn't say whether he has trained at all, or that he is fully fit.

I expect both to play, but it is possible Dobbie will start on the bench. It is also possible that Martin hasn't fully recovered, because the OS doesn't actually say that.

14 minutes ago, Flash said:

There is a subtle difference in the information on the OS. Dobbie "has trained this week, so comes back into the squad".  It doesn't say he has trained fully, all week. Martin is quoted as being "back in contention".  Doesn't say whether he has trained at all, or that he is fully fit.

I expect both to play, but it is possible Dobbie will start on the bench. It is also possible that Martin hasn't fully recovered, because the OS doesn't actually say that.

sorry x

5 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

sorry x

Apology accepted. Let's just put it behind us and not mention it again. xx

6 hours ago, dumfriesblue said:

can anyone help me .  is there a bus from dundee bus station that goes near the stadium . or is it a half hour walk to tannandice . cheers

http://nxbus.co.uk/files/timetables/Dundee-Timetables/November-2011/1a1b_nov112.websiteA4.pdf

I assume this is still valid.  Nearest point is Union Street, couple of minutes walk from the station.  If you walk it would definitely be about a half hour.

Archived