Dundee United vs Queen of the South

43 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Lewis
Murdoch Durnan Scobbie Robson
Flood
King Stanton Fraser McMullan
Keatings

Hopefully Scobbie is okay, if not then Edge (FFS)

Are you taking the piss or just drunk at 8.30 a.m..?

Based on his cameo performances so far there is no way Flood should be anywhere near that team ahead of the like of Briels or even Fyvie.

And Fraser???  I'm going with taking the piss because no one could be that drunk and still post.

Assuming all reasonably fit

Lewis
Briels Fyvie
King Stanton McMullan
Keatings or McDonald

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you taking the piss or just drunk at 8.30 a.m..?
Based on his cameo performances so far there is no way Flood should be anywhere near that team ahead of the like of Briels or even Fyvie.
 And Fraser???  I'm going with taking the piss because no one could be that drunk and still post.

Assuming all reasonably fit
Lewis
Briels Fyvie
King Stanton McMullan
Keatings or McDonald

Fyvie didn't look fit last night and Briels didn't do anything. Flood least has a bit of fight in him.

Would like to seen Stanton and Fraser play and least be creative

I actually thought briels was ok last night and fyvie just needs games as he and McDonald are obviously not up to match sharpness.

Edge had a poor game and would be happy to see him dropped to try scobbie and Durban in the middle. Thought Robson did well to merit another start.

One of the biggest differences between the teams last night was delivery. Allan and deacon were putting dangerous balls in which we were struggling to get clear allowing them to keep up sustained pressure. Our deliveries were poorer and cleared easily up the pitch allowing dundee to get out whereas our midfielders were having to deal with balls just outside our own box.

1 hour ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Fyvie didn't look fit last night and Briels didn't do anything. Flood least has a bit of fight in him.

Fyvie didn't look fit last night but that's not surprising.  Briels did what he needed to do.  From the tale end of last year Flood has become a bit of a liability, and i say that as someone who, on blanace, was happy with him to get another year.  However I'm now convinced that he should be well down the pecking order.

As for Fraser, I won't even debate you on that.  My posistion on him has been made clear in previous posts and it is in line with the vast majority of Arabs on here and that I know IRL.

1 minute ago, BIGdavieT said:

I wonder if our two new loan signings will start? emoji3.png

I can't imagine we'll split up the Fordyce/Brownlie partnership at the back as they have been excellent.  Kane has presumably been signed as a first choice player though.  I'm not sure how fit he is but Kane and Dobbie would be the favoured partnership.  Very harsh on Lyle and Dykes after last week but nice problems to have.

I can't imagine we'll split up the Fordyce/Brownlie partnership at the back as they have been excellent.  Kane has presumably been signed as a first choice player though.  I'm not sure how fit he is but Kane and Dobbie would be the favoured partnership.  Very harsh on Lyle and Dykes after last week but nice problems to have.

Gives us more quality and impact from the bench. For a few weeks now options have been a bit tight from the bench. But as you say good problems to have

4 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

I see it's not just the Dundee FC thread you post utter nonsense on :D 

Even your fellow Utd fans think you're an absolute rocket

Be interesting to see if Fyvie & McDonald are fit enough to start this game as both looked knackered by the end of the game last night, McDonald slightly ahead on match prep so on that basis I'd go with:

Lewis

Briels Stanton

McMullan Keatings King

McDonald

Really need to start the league campaign with some decent results and with 2 home games coming up we should really be looking at 9 points after 3 games.

21 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Be interesting to see if Fyvie & McDonald are fit enough to start this game as both looked knackered by the end of the game last night, McDonald slightly ahead on match prep so on that basis I'd go with:

Lewis

Briels Stanton

McMullan Keatings King

McDonald

Really need to start the league campaign with some decent results and with 2 home games coming up we should really be looking at 9 points after 3 games.

I can understand the logic of that given Fyvie's fitness but Stanton is proving to be our most dangerous and influential player and I'd be reluctant to see him playing further back where he may not be so influential.  Maybe give Fyvie 60 minutes if possible then go to this line up.

10 hours ago, Aladdin said:

I actually thought briels was ok last night and fyvie just needs games as he and McDonald are obviously not up to match sharpness.

Edge had a poor game and would be happy to see him dropped to try scobbie and Durban in the middle. Thought Robson did well to merit another start.

One of the biggest differences between the teams last night was delivery. Allan and deacon were putting dangerous balls in which we were struggling to get clear allowing them to keep up sustained pressure. Our deliveries were poorer and cleared easily up the pitch allowing dundee to get out whereas our midfielders were having to deal with balls just outside our own box.

I thought the biggest difference was that they had a big lump winning every header whereas we struggled to make the first ball forward stick.

Against that there was some pretty slick passing which cut them open a few times and looks promising if/when things click. I thought we improved as the match went on and would be fairly optimistic that with another few games this team will click and really kick on. 

It would still be nice to have a big centre forward to provide a decent Plan B. Plan A surely won't work all the time.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I can understand the logic of that given Fyvie's fitness but Stanton is proving to be our most dangerous and influential player and I'd be reluctant to see him playing further back where he may not be so influential.  Maybe give Fyvie 60 minutes if possible then go to this line up.

I'm a big fan of Stanton already and perfectly happy with him in the No.10 role but I think he might be even more useful a little further back where he can get involved earlier in the play and carry the team up the park. That would leave space for both Keatings and McDonald (or N'Koyi, if he's any good) to play.

Briels and Fyvie also look good though so .. dunno. It's a nice problem to have.

Up until yesterday I had the dry boak at the prospect of getting an absolute scudding in this game. News of the two loan signings and the possibility that Martin and Dobbie could be fit has put a different complexion on things. Definitely still a very tough fixture though and it would be stretching things a bit too far to hope that we still topped the table on Saturday night. Coming away with a point would be quite acceptable though.

22 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

I'm not sure how fit he is but Kane and Dobbie would be the favoured partnership.  Very harsh on Lyle and Dykes after last week but nice problems to have.

Firstly, I wouldn't expect Naysmith to start with 2 strikers for this game. I imagine he would employ the formation that brought us ' success' there last season.

On that basis I guess Lyle would be 'rested' for this match.  Of course Dobbie is no lone striker either so who knows he might surprise us all and play Kane upfront on his own - youth and energy and all that !

Whenever he does go with a partnership then 1st choice has to be Dobbie and Lyle.

I can't believe anyone could suggest a young striker struggling to make his mark anywhere else can just stroll into our first eleven.

Certainly not anyone who witnessed Del's performance last Saturday.

It was superb.

He led the line so well, was his usual busy and energetic self - much more so than his strike partner who his not far off half his age - was constantly advising and encouraging those around him and of course scored twice and with a bit of luck could have had at least 2 more.

It reminded me of how we used to play before Dobbie was brought back.

It is ridiculous that people keep saying he's not up to it anymore and cannot play the full 90 - did pretty well last week - or even should not be in the starting eleven at all.

He still has it big-time and keeps on proving it through hard work.

He should be rewarded accordingly for that.

Archived