'C'mon the Mo' 2017-18

Striker.

Yeah spotted the post on the official site just after posting this, 17 goals so far this season but it doesn't appear to be a particularly good standard of league.

I trust Stewart Petrie, he's obviously impressed enough in training to get an 18 month deal so hopefully he can make the step up.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Yeah spotted the post on the official site just after posting this, 17 goals so far this season but it doesn't appear to be a particularly good standard of league.

I trust Stewart Petrie, he's obviously impressed enough in training to get an 18 month deal so hopefully he can make the step up.

A step up to Montrose..... Jeeezo who would have think it

Disappointing today and annoying after last week.  We've been grinding out results and credit due for that but we all know what our weak areas are and so now do the opposition teams who are exploiting that. Add to that those missing from today's starting eleven (Fleming, Bolo, Watson, Callaghan, Templeman, Masson, Webster)  plus the loss of Ballantyne and it's not difficult to see the problem. Last week we were not set up right in my opinion either in midfield or up front but we got away with it at Edin City. This week we were similarly not set up right in my opinion and we didn't get away with it. Clyde set about us from the off and deservedly won. I don't like criticising but it's just as I see it and I do go to most games (just missed 1 away game this season as well). We were playing well before Cammy Ballantyne left but other events have necessitated changes  as well, that can't be helped. BUT, Connor McLaren is not a wing back and although he is a nice lad he must gain confidence an step up a gear. Redman is doing well in midfield but we sorely miss Terry Masson in midfield. He's a ball winner and pops up in support up top plus chips in with goals - but is on the bench. Even as a right wing back he would be a better prospect to replace Ballantyne than Webster or McLaren. Lewis Milne was fairly anonymous today as well but for next week my midfield three would be Redman, Masson and Callaghan with a back five of Allan, Dillon, Bolo, Iain Campbell and Steeves. Up front although Sanny is limited he does a job though I'm not sure who I'd play alongside him, probably Fraser to give him more of a run. That leaves out Milne but we have to get back to as near as possible how we were before Cammy left.

As I said, I don't like criticising but no point in not saying how I feel about it having seen the last few games and what looks like a tough time ahead. We all know we are weak up front so the back line and middle line must go back to being solid again and that certainly can not be said of our midfield in the last two games. We simply must be solid again or Stirling, Peterhead, Stenny then Elgin, all next, will all exploit us.

Bad day at the office yesterday in a game we needed to win but wasn't to be.

Terry Masson has to start baffling why he has been dropped since the peterhead game to be honest gives us a bit of bite in midfield and can chip in with a goal.Conor McLaren has been poor the last two weeks lost out their playing right wing back.Craig Johnson has a lot of running in him but it's just not working for him at the minute up front. Like I said bad day at the office can't criticise the team too much we all know where we need to improve and hopefully sp will before the window closes.

Ballantyne a non starter again at utd bring him home!!!

Bad day at the office yesterday in a game we needed to win but wasn't to be.
Terry Masson has to start baffling why he has been dropped since the peterhead game to be honest gives us a bit of bite in midfield and can chip in with a goal.Conor McLaren has been poor the last two weeks lost out their playing right wing back.Craig Johnson has a lot of running in him but it's just not working for him at the minute up front. Like I said bad day at the office can't criticise the team too much we all know where we need to improve and hopefully sp will before the window closes.
Ballantyne a non starter again at utd bring him home!!!

Agreed that we need Cammy back but he could not pay for Utd yesterday as he is cup tied after playing for us in earlier rounds.

Mo fans, what’s your thoughts on the OF (deceased), possibly having Colt teams in L2 as early as next season? I’m totally against the idea & I know that@Ivo Den Biemen has been pretty vociferous in his opposition to it on another thread.
What’s the consensus on here, I’ve heard the board are in favour, for a measly (maximum) 15k a year, it’s a false economy, short term gain, long term pain.
Colt teams in L2 will be a disaster, Montrose FC could finish 10th in a league of 12 & be relegated.
There is no sane person who thinks this is a good idea.
Views guys? Also if you are against it, contact the board.

Mo fans, what’s your thoughts on the OF (deceased), possibly having Colt teams in L2 as early as next season? I’m totally against the idea & I know that[mention=59659]Ivo[/mention] Den Biemen has been pretty vociferous in his opposition to it on another thread.
What’s the consensus on here, I’ve heard the board are in favour, for a measly (maximum) 15k a year, it’s a false economy, short term gain, long term pain.
Colt teams in L2 will be a disaster, Montrose FC could finish 10th in a league of 12 & be relegated.
Don't like the idea of the Colts team's joining the league one bit!!!!

On 1/23/2018 at 14:36, Brother Blades said:

Mo fans, what’s your thoughts on the OF (deceased), possibly having Colt teams in L2 as early as next season? I’m totally against the idea & I know that@Ivo Den Biemen has been pretty vociferous in his opposition to it on another thread.

I'd like to know where you got that information from? As far as I am aware that is nonsense.

On 28/01/2018 at 04:30, jd_mo said:

I'd be keen to know if anyone has contacted the club and received a response? I contacted them a few days ago about it and have had nothing back yet.

"I know of no director in League Two who is in favour of this."

Montrose director on subject of Colt teams. 

3 hours ago, Brummo said:

"I know of no director in League Two who is in favour of this."

Montrose director on subject of Colt teams. 

But the Daily Record told us 7 out of 10 clubs were for the proposal :o 

It's almost, almost like they're lying b*****ds who said this to try and drum up some support for the bullshit proposal by making others think clubs were behind it.

Unfortunately the opposite happened where there has been such a large outcry by the fans that the proposal will definitely not be going ahead for next season. Pleasing.

After the last Peterhead game, doubted we would still be top of the league through till February. We are, just. Our fixtures for February are very tough.

Hoped Berwick would at least take a point last night  but at the end of the day, it isn't about other teams. It's every single match that counts. We don't need to look to other teams doing us  a favour. Montrose simply have to take maximum points from every game, regardless of whether other circumstances, such as injuries etc. are favourable or not.

Archived