'C'mon the Mo' 2017-18

On 8/31/2017 at 06:36, VillaKnollBoy said:

It is actually Forfar according to my sources.

Anybody know what happened, just as a matter of interest?

Thinking of making the long, long trek to Peterheid this Saturday as I think we might be in with a chance this time - we usually get well turned over there.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although it won't really be mentioned much especially at the end of the season, the late equaliser and point away to Peterhead is a big result for me.
We have struggled up there for a long time. The team to show the resilience to keep going and get the goal in injury time instead of folding and conceding late is great to see. First big test in the league passed for me.

I hear Fraser has been loaned out to the Smokies. There might be some who are not happy with that but I think it could be paving the way to get a big wage bill off the books to allow us to bring in a loan signing. In some ways sorry to see Gary go and good luck to him but I honestly think it's the right thing to do.

If we can't bring in a replacement striker soon then I have a suggestion - a weird one maybe, but think about it. We are weak up top - right?  We are not getting midfielders up in support quick enough or at all - sort of right? Then why not try something completely different at Elgin next week - such as going back to four at the back and pushing Cammy Ballantyne up top? Cammy is a fast very clever player not easily knocked off the ball and always with an eye for goal. He excelled going forward away at Stirling a month ago and scored twice. Brian Third back in the 1970's was a left back who was moved to centre forward in an experiment. He ended up scoring 33 goals in a single season for us. Right now I think we can fill in for Cammy at right back and give him a try up top or at least to reinforce an attacking midfield area.

His parent club might not be too happy about it but he's our player for the full season and if he does well in a different role they might thank us for it.

Think positive - we are going nowhere unless we solve the 'up front' problem. Even if we get to the play-offs again the problem will remain until it is solved.

Easy to say 'I told you so' but it's a fact. Unless we do more up front we will struggle. Teams will quickly suss us out. We will still win enough points to be safe but to challenge at the top end of the table we have to be more threatening up front and that means not only strikers but a midfield who get up in support to the edge of the box and pick up the second ball if not the first.

Credit to SP for strengthening the defence but only half a job done so far. Not complaining but need to be constructive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope their is a striker coming in soon. Badly need one to give Templeman a hand up top.we are creating great chances just need a poacher around the box to convert some more.
As for yesterday's game thought we played quite well and could have scored 2-3 more good to get back to winning ways.liam Callaghan for me was my motm he has come on leaps and bounds under sp same with yano at centre half you would think he has played their all his careeer.

Couldn't get to the game yesterday but from all accounts Clyde were so crap in the first half we should have been out of sight by half time. We should enjoy the the win but also look at the negative aspects to try and get those right if we are to seriously challenge. For instance it looks like in the second half either Clyde sorted themselves out or we took our foot off the gas. If the former then we need to cope with things like that and not be hanging on at the end. If the latter then that's a criminal thing to do when going for the jugular would help our goal difference.

As mo83 and others say, including me, we will only be somewhere near the full article when we have enough threat up top to really take teams like Clyde apart for 90 minutes.

Anyway enjoy what we've done so far and hope SP gets it right soon up top. Matty Smith back on loan maybe if his injury is sorted out? Perhaps another gem from the Juniors now at least some of Fraser's wages are off our hands? No harm trying to be a perfectionist and even Rory McAllister from Peterhead might be getting a bit p----d off up there.

Couldn't get to the game yesterday but from all accounts Clyde were so crap in the first half we should have been out of sight by half time. We should enjoy the the win but also look at the negative aspects to try and get those right if we are to seriously challenge. For instance it looks like in the second half either Clyde sorted themselves out or we took our foot off the gas. If the former then we need to cope with things like that and not be hanging on at the end. If the latter then that's a criminal thing to do when going for the jugular would help our goal difference.
As mo83 and others say, including me, we will only be somewhere near the full article when we have enough threat up top to really take teams like Clyde apart for 90 minutes.
Anyway enjoy what we've done so far and hope SP gets it right soon up top. Matty Smith back on loan maybe if his injury is sorted out? Perhaps another gem from the Juniors now at least some of Fraser's wages are off our hands? No harm trying to be a perfectionist and even Rory McAllister from Peterhead might be getting a bit p----d off up there.

As much as i like Matty smith i kinda hope its not him and maybe a striker that's not getting much game time somewhere.A striker who id like is paul mcmanus he would score for fun in this team not sure what sort of contract he has at cove.Getting Fraser off the wage bill will free up some funds for a decent player.

Matty Smith has turned down the request of coming back to us on loan as he wants to fight for his place at Utd.  Fraser scored a hat trick against Roselea on Wednesday night in a 7-1 victory with the other goals coming from Masson, Ferguson and a McLaren double.  Was used as a means to get players minutes on the pitch and the word is Fraser is looking sharp and wants to fight for his place within the team

Matty Smith has turned down the request of coming back to us on loan as he wants to fight for his place at Utd.  Fraser scored a hat trick against Roselea on Wednesday night in a 7-1 victory with the other goals coming from Masson, Ferguson and a McLaren double.  Was used as a means to get players minutes on the pitch and the word is Fraser is looking sharp and wants to fight for his place within the team

Gary fraser missing today where was he

Surprised to see that everyone thought we'd be having Fraser permanently.... move only came about because we had Swankie/Doris/Prunty/Skelly all missing.

Still managed to score 12 goals in 3 games like. [emoji12]

Skelly for fraser i heard

• 2 weeks later...

Millar loaned out to Lochee. Have always thought it a bit weird he was offered a 2 year deal and then given so few chances in goal so far this season.

Would like to see Fleming off his line a bit quicker - Clyde and QotS goals over the top showed a bit of weakness recently, but that could as easily be pointed at older CB pairing versus nippy strikers. That said, some of his recent performances have definitely been deserving of the number 1 shirt. Hope the top performances continue.

Millar loaned out to Lochee. Have always thought it a bit weird he was offered a 2 year deal and then given so few chances in goal so far this season.

Would like to see Fleming off how line a bit quicker - Clyde and QotS goals over the top showed a bit of weakness recently, but that could as easily be pointed at older CB pairing versus nippy strikers. That said, some of his recent performances have definitely been deserving of the number 1 shirt. Hope the top performances continue.

Jim Butter to make a reappearance on the bench this weekend then?? Hope not and hope one of the younger keepers at the club is given a chance to be involved with squad.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Archived