'C'mon the Mo' 2017-18

I'm sure sp will get a good young loan signing again for the season in the next coming weeks. Ballantyne coming back is a great bit of business for the mo well done to the board and manager for bringing him back..Bolo back in a few weeks along with redman aswell things are looking good, good depth to the squad aswell... Good times!!

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see your cup game v Ayr has been moved to the midweek due to the Ayr Airshow...... SPFL say it has been moved 'at the request of clubs'..... surely the Mo weren't happy to play it midweek and agreed to this?! :blink: Very harsh on the travelling support......

I see your cup game v Ayr has been moved to the midweek due to the Ayr Airshow...... SPFL say it has been moved 'at the request of clubs'..... surely the Mo weren't happy to play it midweek and agreed to this?! :blink: Very harsh on the travelling support......

Awful and definitely won't be going now.

Montrose board apparently wanted the Friday night but was rejected.
Might be able to get a tandem down [emoji1] perfect for hitting Glasgow at rush hour

4 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

How right you are. I'll be going as usual but hard for not just the fans but some of the part time players as we had a midweek away game last week as well. Fortunately only one nowadays is from the Aberdeen area as the rest have f----d off to the Highland League.

Connor is a very talented footballer.Clever feet,quick and is a real attacking threat.His main problem is consistency,he is (at the moment) a "Confidence"  player who's head can go down at times.Having said that he's still young and probably needs a good run of games to rectify this.

"I'll wait until we dismantle Montrose on Tuesday night and normal service resumes." somerset_lad00

An example of the kind of post revealing disquiet amongst the restless naives of the rustic weedgies following their "shock"  one - two loss at home to the Smokies.

Their moving the fixture to Tuesday night, supposedly due to the Prestwick Air Show's demands on policing, reeks of gamesmanship.

Here's hoping the Mo can produce a result, very much contrary to the full-time, big team fans' expectations.

3DE0551800000578-0-The_name_of_Rorke_s_Drift_led_to_the_much_loved_film_starring_St-a-77_1488802685895.jpg

Edited to add another gem from itzdrk... "Have the Montrose fans calmed down over having to travel a couple of hours midweek yet or will someone be setting themself on fire inside the ground in protest? "

Remember, do not feed the trolls. They are more to be pitied than scorned upon.

Ayr themselves requested either an away tie or played on Friday night.  This was rejected by spfl we were left with the option of tomorrow night or a week tomorrow.  Downside is no SP tomorrow he is away on a short break and back on Thursday for training.

be interesting tomorrow night however if we turn up like we did against Stirling we will be there or there abouts

Ayr themselves requested either an away tie or played on Friday night.  This was rejected by spfl we were left with the option of tomorrow night or a week tomorrow.  Downside is no SP tomorrow he is away on a short break and back on Thursday for training.
be interesting tomorrow night however if we turn up like we did against Stirling we will be there or there abouts

Am sure Dillon and Campbell will fill in no bother at all. Be a hard game tommorow night that's for sure, Ayr would have had their ass kicked from mcall after Saturday defeat.
Good interview with Paul Watson in the papers today and I totally agree with what he is saying about the squad, by far the strongest squad we have had for a while.
Are we still in for a striker or is he happy enough with the squad???

I have it on good authority that the rules for the competition were clearly spelt out. The only alternative to playing on Saturday was a midweek fixture.

These guys do not think outside the box, so the outcome was hardly unexpected.

eta: Just seen that Stranraer are playing Jags U20s on Friday night, so my good authority can't have been that good. Don't know why Ayr weren't able to reschedule to Friday, unless it was due to Police Scotland cut-backs not allowing two such stellar events as an Irn Bru cup tie and Prestwick Air Show to take place so close together. Is there normally much crowd trouble at air shows? Was there much traffic chaos round Somerset Park last night? Roll on round three / quarter-final of the Diddy Cup.

Superb win at Ayr last night well done lads, good break now after two tough trips away from home. Respect to the fans that travelled down aswell...Cant wait for Peterhead away now.

22 hours ago, underpar said:

Well done the Mo on a great result at Ayr . Hope you get a good draw in the next round. Just as well we all haven't merged into Angus Utd  , that would scare the shite out of everyone....enjoy your night guys.

Lads played really well at Ayr who were no bad side themselves.

Heard there might be a bounce game with Brechin on Friday so look out for it you guys who are close by and you might be able to sneak in.

Archived