Dunfermline v ICTFC

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The alarm bells started ringing for me when Robertson took the players for a run on the sand dunes as part of our pre-season. 1950s stuff.

If Seedorf is crap at defending we should move him to right mid and shove Raven in.

He might be a shit manager but there really isn't anything wrong with some sand dune sprints etc as part of a Orr season programme.

39 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The alarm bells started ringing for me when Robertson took the players for a run on the sand dunes as part of our pre-season. 1950s stuff.

If Seedorf is crap at defending we should move him to right mid and shove Raven in.

There's honestly no chance Raven isn't a better option. You or I would do a better job.

12 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Lots of ict players seemed to struggle today and resorted to pushing and pulling opponents rather than playing the ball. Nothing too dirty but it looked uncomposed and desperate at times.

As Chris has said we've signed a bunch of (mostly) useless jobbers some of whom look like they've never played football before. I didn't have hopes for this season and thought we might be able to sneak 4th spot but ultimately wouldn't go up. Right now I'll be surprised if we stay up. It's only a couple of games in of course but we are in such a mess on and off the pitch I would be surprised to see us closer to the relegation play offs than the promotion ones.

Two games into season so teams still gelling.I doubt we'll hand out hammerings like that often and doubt you will suffer them again.Very open league and even the supposed whipping boys never got whipped.

Five six games in is where we get some idea.

The appointment never made much sense to me tbh. Yes, he won them this league previously however that was about 15 years ago. Since then he hasn't achieved much and his last job was in charge of East Fife. Just sounds like another archaic, jobs-for-the-boys relic when he speaks.

Thought we were excellent going forward today. Smith and Hopkirk never gave their defenders a moment of peace. Cardle and Higginbotham were on top form as well. Williamson was causing problems down the right hand side as well, good to see him hitting form!

Robertson doesn't seem to have any tactical understanding. He was trying to employ Hearts' tactics from when he played. Constantly hoofing long balls in the direction of the big striker. Defensively, he just had physical players that can't play football. That was a very poor performance. For that reason, I can't get too carried away with today's result. Pleasing, but I doubt anyone will play so poorly against us in a league match for the rest of the season.

13 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

He was trying to employ Hearts' tactics from when he played. Constantly hoofing my balls 

This is the sort of niche tactic that turns turns us off from the beautiful game 

Wait, WIlliamson can't have played well AGAIN, surely? I've been informed many times that he's not good enough and League 1 full backs are superior.

Defensively he wasn't really tested and was out of position a few times. Higgy had a go at him for it. Going forward good again.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Wait, WIlliamson can't have played well AGAIN, surely? I've been informed many times that he's not good enough and League 1 full backs are superior.

Nah, Craig Reid is miles better m8, so's Shaun Rooney.

I particularly liked "Ashcroft couldn't possibly be a better player than Shaun Rooney, they're all playing in the same division!!"

Archived