Dunfermline v ICTFC

6 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Would agree to survive in this league you need to be pretty solid at the back and well organised if you're not you'll experience the same fate at St Mirren last season before Christmas, Brechin should end up bottom but if ICT don't get their act together  soon they will end up stuck at the bottom. Dunfermline start last season ruined our entire season leaving us out of the play offs which I assume is what ICT is looking for this season.

The way things are going I fully expect us to be in a similar position to St Mirren around Christmas last year. The massive issue we have is that we won't be able to ship out 10 players and then replace them with players able to keep us up. We are stuck with this squad for the season, with maybe one or two additions.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

FTFY

I'd be genuinely ashamed to have him at your club tbh.

Should have had a penalty for the foul on Shiels as well, forgot to mention that in my earlier post.

It looked soft, but I've seen them given. Referee was fairly shite today for both teams. Inconsistent. 

56 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Don't know who the caley right-back was but he was absolutely horrendous, left-back wasn't much better either.

He's Clarence Seedorf's nephew Collin. Or claims to be. TBH, it looks like a whole pile of chancers have just emailed John Robertson claiming to be professional footballers and he's said 'Aye, fine, come along, what size of shirt do you need?'

Chris saved me the bother of writing any more about the game; Baird was about the only player who a) looked like he could be bothered and b) looked like he knew what he was supposed to be doing. I've never seen so many players failing to look for team-mates when on the ball, or failing to make runs for team-mates off the ball. Apparently the whole lot came from the same agency. Utterly depressing to think that we've got rid of our development squad to chuck what little money we have at this approach to 'rebuilding'.    

3 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

He's Clarence Seedorf's nephew Collin. Or claims to be. TBH, it looks like a whole pile of chancers have just emailed John Robertson claiming to be professional footballers and he's said 'Aye, fine, come along, what size of shirt do you need?'

Chris saved me the bother of writing any more about the game; Baird was about the only player who a) looked like he could be bothered and b) looked like he knew what he was supposed to be doing. I've never seen so many players failing to look for team-mates when on the ball, or failing to make runs for team-mates off the ball. Apparently the whole lot came from the same agency. Utterly depressing to think that we've got rid of our development squad to chuck what little money we have at this approach to 'rebuilding'.    

Think this might be an Ali Dia situation, he's utter horseshit.

Thought Vigurs looked good, Baird looked interested and the number 7 (polworth) looked decent too, how that imposter is ahead of Raven though I don't know.

Would find it funny if Mulraney twisted his ankle doing on of his ridiculous dives, genuinely shameful excuse for a footballer.

Just now, TheMessiah said:

Thought Vigurs looked good, Baird looked interested and the number 7 (polworth) looked decent too, how that imposter is ahead of Raven though I don't know.

Would find it funny if Mulraney twisted his ankle doing on of his ridiculous dives, genuinely shameful excuse for a footballer.

I should probably have given Vigurs some credit, tbh. He did try to build moves when he had the ball, and he worked as hard as he's ever going to work, but he'll never be as effective at retaining possession for us as he should be because he far too often waits for the ball to come to him instead of going and challenging for it; we saw that a few times today. I don't think it's conscious laziness, but it's so ingrained in him that I don't think he'll ever be able to get over it. I quite like Polworth normally but I thought his distribution was awful today, and he was completely outmuscled by Wedderburn. Mulraney has been very disappointing - he does have some skill, and I thought he might develop into a real threat, but if his 'game' is going to consist of going to ground every time he can't get past a player, then he's just going to be a liability, and refs will get wise to him within a few weeks.    

The first time I saw Mulraney play, I thought he was one of the finest examples of a "sand dancer" I've ever seen.

Inverness were absolutely rotten and unless they improve big style, they're in for a long season. We didn't even have to be at the top of our game to win very comfortably; aside from their goal, I don't recall much to concern us. Baird is a good player at this level but he was dragged down chronically by his team-mates. The boy Seedorf was utterly dreadful and yer man Mulraney had one woeful dive, won one free-kick and that was it. Cardle's goal was a good one and Hopkirk's took a deflection, but the ease in which we scored was quite damning for Caley.

As for us, good response from midweek. I didn't attend Ibrox but today was more important and was good to see a solid performance and a few goals. Thought Nat was good in the middle of the park and Shiels was very effective in a non-flashy way; I think the way he finds space and can pick a pass will be key for us. Ashcroft was excellent at the back and young Smith ran himself into the ground and deserved his goal, which was of his own making.

Interesting to see if McManus returns against Falkirk (and, if so, who for) or whether AJ goes with Smith / Hoppy next week. 

Very happy with that today, especially after a not-so convincing display at Livi last week.

We were delicious going forward. Thought we might struggle without Clark or McManus but Smith was magnificent and Hopkirk more than held his own. Cardle scored two excellent goals and Shiels fit in well alongside Nat. There were no failures for us tbh, although we're still not comfortable defending and can drop too deep at times. Still, an excellent result and should be a big crowd in for Falkirk game next week.

Caley Thistle were appalling at the back. The right back is not a footballer, I'm convinced he's having a laugh with Robertson. Brad won't have much to put on his Instagram this week #wegoagain You'll struggle if you defend like that all season.

13 minutes ago, sophia said:

Amongst all this sack cloth and pebble in the shoe self loathing, we've lost sight of the fact that Caley actually won more corners than Dunfermline.

Auld man pishy Craig Brown found

Five lucky break away goals for Dunfermline today. We were right in with a chance of getting something until the 5th goal went in. That really killed us off.

The alarm bells started ringing for me when Robertson took the players for a run on the sand dunes as part of our pre-season. 1950s stuff.

If Seedorf is crap at defending we should move him to right mid and shove Raven in.

Archived