Dunfermline v ICTFC

10 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

That was the 2-2 game i think? 2-0 up and cruising(think we had a 3rd disallowed), clean tackle on dargo(don't recall a dive but it was a very clear tackle) dargo gets up ready for a corner and very surprised to find he has a penalty. He was telling everyone it wasn't a penalty. 

They score it and get every decision going before nabbing an equiliser with about 30 seconds to go from a goalmouth scramble.  Think about half the norrie was down at the tunnel ready to lynch the ref at the end!

FFS. Thats me genuinely angry about it all over again. I think I ran down towards the tunnel too. I'd never done it before and no referee has made me even think about it since.

Perhaps the worst 10 minutes of refereeing of all time...in any sport. Awful.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to find some positives, the departure of Draper could lead to us playing more entertaining football if we end up trying to get into wide areas and encouraging Calder, and hopefully Mulraney, to run at defenders, to stop Vigurs and Polworth being completely dominated in the middle. Not sure Robertson is convinced enough by Mulraney to make him a starter though, and it's true that his end product has been weak in most of his games so far, but that aspect might improve if he was given more of a run. Alternatively Collin Seedorf looks capable of playing there, but I think Robertson will see him as his first choice right back when he's fit. 

Quite looking forward to going back to EEP tomorrow, but my hunch is that we'll lose - there have been so many changes that the squad still can't be fully settled yet, and we look seriously weak throughout the centre of the team, from our error-prone centre backs and goalkeeper, our powder-puff central midfielders and two strikers who work hard enough but don't look they'll ever be like prolific scorers.    

2 hours ago, Astro said:

FFS. Thats me genuinely angry about it all over again. I think I ran down towards the tunnel too. I'd never done it before and no referee has made me even think about it since.

Perhaps the worst 10 minutes of refereeing of all time...in any sport. Awful.

Aye I mind that game as well. In fairness to the ICT players they were as baffled as everyone with what was going on.

We should have beat Ross County in the first game. Fvck knows how that ended in a draw. Full second half was like the Alamo. Did Paton not miss an absolute sitter from 2 yards out?

If this was any defence other than ICT's that I was watching, I'd probably have died laughing by now. It's impossible to convey how truly awful it is.

Jesus Christ. Close the football club. Player sponsors get to auction off their players' organs and split the proceeds. 

Archived