Dunfermline v ICTFC

14 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I recollect Tokely scoring a last minute winner about a decade ago at the Caley Stadium in what was an absolutely horrific game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4690346.stm

I remember this one. Caley were never in it then they got a pen that they didn't even claim for and were laughing about it. 

We seem to have the same hoodoo over Ayr but I have never felt comfortable playing you even being in the lead you know it's going to f**k up. Could list several games.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this thread is going to run for a week, can we stop calling them Caley? Otherwise I'll probably have a mini meltdown by the end of the week.

20 minutes ago, RiG said:

Thankfully we got our own back with last seasons League Cup group stage victory. A win that will be talked about until the end of time.

It was a bitter, bitter pill to swallow. 

28 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I recollect Tokely scoring a last minute winner about a decade ago at the Caley Stadium in what was an absolutely horrific game.

Think you played "Monster" by The Automatic after the goal?

Remember being in such a huff that I didn't go for a pee at full-time and my bladder was about burst by Perth.

17 hours ago, Grant228 said:

The first home game of the 99 season (and my first Pars game) we fucked Inverness 4-1? Or 4-0.

We best them both times at home that season but I don't think I've seen us beat them since that game in 99.

I was at that game.  It was 4-0.  A young Andrew Allan got sent off after about 90 seconds.  Think you had just come down from the SPL?  The gulf was telling, even playing against 10 men.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I was at that game.  It was 4-0.  A young Andrew Allan got sent off after about 90 seconds.  Think you had just come down from the SPL?  The gulf was telling, even playing against 10 men.

Just as importantly, it was our first ever game in Div 1 after coming up along with Livi. And yet a few short months later (February 8th) we were going ballistic at Celtic Park.

3 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Just as importantly, it was our first ever game in Div 1 after coming up along with Livi. And yet a few short months later (February 8th) we were going ballistic at Celtic Park.

Indeed.  And a tougher fixture we couldn't have had.  We were comfortable in the end though I think.  Finished 5th or 6th?

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Indeed.  And a tougher fixture we couldn't have had.  We were comfortable in the end though I think.  Finished 5th or 6th?

We came 6th. Just had a look at the table and we were never in danger of going down. Mainly due to Clydebank finishing on 10 points.

5 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

We came 6th. Just had a look at the table and we were never in danger of going down. Mainly due to Clydebank finishing on 10 points.

Yep, as I recall that season was the beginning of the end of Clydebank.  They had a cobbled together team and I think that was the year we fucked them at the TCS 5 or 6 nil and they had a youth team coach in goals or something?  

The state of that Clydebank side. Probably the poorest team I've ever seen at EEP. Remember beating them 6-0 and it wouldn't be fair to even call it a training game.

Kick off also delayed because their minibus broke down. They were an absolute shambles.

Was that not whilst the Norrie was completed? That was very early on in my time watching the pars but i remember watching a few games from the cowden end.

I was sitting in the Norrie that day with my Dad, I do remember absolutely loving it though, I'd started to vaguely understand football and was loving us giving someone a trouncing. When we got promoted I remember my dad laughing at me because I was gutted we wouldn't get to play Clydebank anymore, but we would have to play Hibs (who beat us 4-0 in the cup?)

I don't remember very many games from that season but I remember the Clydebank one reasonably well, I thought it was crazy a team could be late to a game.

Archived