Dunfermline v ICTFC

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks more like curried goats penis.

I knew you teuchters were weird c***s, but currying goat boaby is one of the strangest activities I've ever heard of.

One of.

Be careful that's racist these days.

Bit worried about our options up top and we look quite sluggish at trying to get out of our own half on the break. Looking forward to it though, has potential to be another dull one but hopefully we can scrape a result.

Probably another 1-1. Our goal will of course be a penalty.

With the Draper saga concluded it leaves us pretty weak in the middle. I was quite looking forward to Draper and Wedderburn do battle again but sadly we won't get to enjoy that pleasure.

I suspect we'll line up along the following lines:

Ridgers
Seedorf (Raven if not fit) Mckay Elsdon Chalmers
Mulraney Polworth Vigurs Calder
Baird Oakley

That team is exceptionally lightweight especially in the middle of the pitch. We could be absolutely dominated in midfield. Hopefully we can just get the ball to the wide men and get them going to try and create some chances for Baird / Oakley because I don't see us creating much through the centre.

33 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Unless Nat does it all by himself then you'll be fine. Paton is a very decent player but he's not much use without the ball at his feet.

Big Nat could bench press that entire midfield four (if that's how we line up) with one hand and use the other to gobble down a plate of those honking looking nachos from the Elizabethan.

15 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Those were Nachos?!

Unconfirmed. We're still awaiting the results from the lab. Aaron Doran will let us know shortly.

ICT are one of our bogey teams and after Wednesday I reckon we might be a little slow starting which never bodes well for us.

Remembering back to the 2011/12 season (I think), the year we got relegated. We played ICT about 400 times that season and I think we lost every game except a draw up there in the Scottish. That Chris Smith fresh air kick in 90+ minutes on the board to give Caley the draw, then the big galoot to do exactly the same thing in the reply!

Hopefully a big crowd at EEP tomorrow with it being the first league home game of the season, although I feel we'll start slow, concede and then chase the game for the majority. Without our two main strikers, full backs who can't defend and a centre midfielder that isn't a centre midfielder it doesn't look good.

Would like to see Splaine play. Genuinely don't understand why he's not getting a game. He's a centre midfielder and has completed pre-season, get him in there. At least it looks like he's got a bit of dig.

2 minutes ago, JFPar said:

ICT are one of our bogey teams and after Wednesday I reckon we might be a little slow starting which never bodes well for us.

Remembering back to the 2011/12 season (I think), the year we got relegated. We played ICT about 400 times that season and I think we lost every game except a draw up there in the Scottish. That Chris Smith fresh air kick in 90+ minutes on the board to give Caley the draw, then the big galoot to do exactly the same thing in the reply!

Did hayes and foran not start scrapping about half an hour in only for the ref to just book them?

Always seem to get dodgy decisions and/or horrific f**k ups vs ICT.  Along with the penalty in the 2-2 game, black stapping on mcmanus and mcmanus being the one sent off.  Dorris dropping the ball when we were relegated...

Its no wonder we have such a poor record with those sort of things considered. 

Is McManus available to play? I'd start him and Shiels up front tbh. Paton is good with the ball, but he isn't much use in the middle which will require a bit of running and dig. Would give Splaine a chance in there alongside Nat with Cardle and Higgy out wide. Hopefully Ashcroft is ok to play. TBF if he can play the rest of the game on Wednesday with a bandage, surely he'll be alright tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Is McManus available to play?

Unfortunately not. Suspended for the first two league games so back for Falkirk.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Always seem to get dodgy decisions and/or horrific f**k ups vs ICT.  Along with the penalty in the 2-2 game, black stapping on mcmanus and mcmanus being the one sent off.  Dorris dropping the ball when we were relegated...

Its no wonder we have such a poor record with those sort of things considered. 

I'm sure Craig Dargo was involved in a dodgey penalty decision late on in a midweek game around 2006. We were winning 2-0 early doors, they scored with about 10 to go in front of the Norrie then he dived or the ref gave a penalty for something outside the box. There was certainly some controversy about it. 

That was the 2-2 game i think? 2-0 up and cruising(think we had a 3rd disallowed), clean tackle on dargo(don't recall a dive but it was a very clear tackle) dargo gets up ready for a corner and very surprised to find he has a penalty. He was telling everyone it wasn't a penalty. 

They score it and get every decision going before nabbing an equiliser with about 30 seconds to go from a goalmouth scramble.  Think about half the norrie was down at the tunnel ready to lynch the ref at the end!

9 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Unfortunately not. Suspended for the first two league games so back for Falkirk.

I'm sure Craig Dargo was involved in a dodgey penalty decision late on in a midweek game around 2006. We were winning 2-0 early doors, they scored with about 10 to go in front of the Norrie then he dived or the ref gave a penalty for something outside the box. There was certainly some controversy about it. 

Ah fook. Looks like Smith and maybe Shiels up front then. Wouldn't start Hopkirk again; the boy's just not got it. 

Archived