Dunfermline v ICTFC

Another tough game, away at East End Park against a Dunfermline team that drew Living and also cost Ian Cathro his job at Hearts after knocking out Hearts of league cup just last week.

If we play as we did today and somehow manage to score goals then I say 2-1 ICT.

I can't see any new signings before this game, I'd go with same again with only changes being Seedorf for Chalmers unless Seedorf still ill/injured and Mulraney for Polworth.

Ridgers

Seedorf McKay Elsdon Raven

Calder Draper Vigurs Mulraney

Oakley and Baird.

Subs: Esson; Chalmers; MacDonald; Bell; Cooper; Polworth and Zschusschen.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normally when we play ICT they bully us physically and grind out a 1-0 or something so I do have a bit of the fear about this one, especially since McManus is still out and we missed Morris big time yesterday. Hopefully we get through Wednesday without any more injuries and without being absolutely thumped.

Some rumours that Draper will be leaving to County before this game.

I wasn't at the game yesterday but sounds as though we had a lot of the ball but couldn't really create any chances or score. That's what we've seen so far in the league cup group stages as well and I don't think we've got enough threat up front.

From what I can see Robertson is trying to play a 4-4-2 with a bit of flexibility, having Polworth tuck in and Baird play wide if required. Oakley is a decent player but I'm not sure he's a goalscorer.

Defensively I've not got much confidence in Chalmers and Elsdon is very inexperienced. Ridgers looks another bomb scare goalkeeper.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Normally when we play ICT they bully us physically and grind out a 1-0 or something 

Not really sure why people make these comments apart from getting in some lazy stereotyping about hairy-ersed hielanders. Since we last played in the same league 5 seasons ago (which incidentally included a 3-3 at yours) we've had 2 or 3 different managers and squads. The only recent result was when Foran's team, which couldn't bully their way out of a wet paper bag, ground out a 5-1 in the League Cup last year :lol:

How's big Wedderburn getting on?  I always thought he was pretty reasonable most of the times he played for us, though the top flight was maybe a step too far for him.  Some of our fans absolutely hated him though for some reason and were out to get him from the moment he signed.

5 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

How's big Wedderburn getting on?  I always thought he was pretty reasonable most of the times he played for us, though the top flight was maybe a step too far for him.  Some of our fans absolutely hated him though for some reason and were out to get him from the moment he signed.

Reminiscent of Patrick Viera at his peak. One of the finest players to ever pull on the famous black and white stripes imo.

We're always shite against Caley Thistle at EEP. 1-1.

Fixed that for you.

Baird will score. Hopkirk will score for us. 1-1.

The first home game of the 99 season (and my first Pars game) we fucked Inverness 4-1? Or 4-0.

We best them both times at home that season but I don't think I've seen us beat them since that game in 99.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

We did beat them in a mildly important Scottish Cup tie in 2004 tbf. 

That and an away game in early 2007 were the ones I could remember. Totally forgot about season 99-00. 

8 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I hate playing ICT. Even when we play them off the pitch they score some shitey goal from a set piece in injury time.

Total bogey side.

I recollect Tokely scoring a last minute winner about a decade ago at the Caley Stadium in what was an absolutely horrific game.

We did beat them in a mildly important Scottish Cup tie in 2004 tbf. 

Thankfully we got our own back with last seasons League Cup group stage victory. A win that will be talked about until the end of time.

Archived