Partick Thistle v Celtic

Elliott or Keown man of the match for me. Both were outstanding, as was Turnbull. Booth was a lot better defensively tonight as well. Doolan misses an absolute sitter which might have made it a different game. The only reason that isn't a penalty is because Celtic are only 1-0 up in the last minute. Absolutely unreal, but unsurprising. Once Doolan and Storey are sharper, we'll be fine.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dubai Jag said:

Seriously though, when was the last time anybody got a late penalty ( one that meant something ) against either of the ugly sisters?

Pretty sure there was one up in Dingwall at the end of last season, can't remember much about it though 

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

Unless it's a 30 point deduction we're still winning the league so wind your neck in hand wringer.

I don't think that I said that it would stop you lot winning the league, but something needs to be done against these plastic terrorists.

Turnbull looks great was really impressed with him and keown. I thought we looked better without Osman to be honest. And it's amazing what a few players can do to a squad. Options off the bench made such a difference tonight. Big sammon put a good shift tonight and having storey on a permanent deal is great business! f**k Celtic n the wee fannys that let off flares in the crowd, the game should be stopped until they throw the p***ks out.

54 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

Good shift from us. Lots of positives. Celtic obviously had tonnes of the ball, but we restricted them to a lot of long range stuff and they were reliant on mistakes to create much, like the chance Tierney put wide in the second half. Edwards was class and the lads at the back put in some shift. Turnbull looks a great signing. Sammon I don't think was fit, but we got 90 minutes from him and he held the ball up well and made use of his presence, and Storey gave us a different option with his pace. Elliott was great and he done a good job on Sinclair. Even Booth had a better game defensively. Jonny Hayes isn't a Celtic standard player in his puff. Wee bit concerned still with Barton who is still losing the ball a lot by being far too casual in possession. 

I honestly don't really care about the songbook or flares or the add ons. Some of the boys who go to these Celtic and Rangers away games though must be lucky if they remember a thing. A lot of jakeballs milling around. I nearly ran over a guy on Garscube road who was swaying onto the road absolutely mangled. 

still can't believe you ain't Magee

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Why are Celtic fans utterly obsessed with the IRA? Most of them are as Irish as Tony Cascarino.

I didn't know i was :(

Tony :wub: Great bloke, even though his shite play nearly cost us the sixes in 1991/92 season

Other than Lawless looking like a scared little boy and Barton playing in a pair of clown shoes, I think we did about as well as we could have against a much better team. An absolutely solid centre half partnership helped us restrict them to, as far as I can remember, no clear-cut chances, and the goal we did concede you can't really do much about. Dreadful decision going against us at the end too, and had Storey won us the penalty we'd be raving about the shift he put in after coming on.

We're used to writing off games against the Henmans, ****, Aberdeen, etc, but I feel much more enthused that we can take more points off the better teams in the league having seen our defensive organisation tonight and the influence the new signings had. 

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Absolute stonewaller of a penalty.
I hope Astana pump you mad rides.

Move on mate. If the OF are allowed their own stewards at away games then it's only fair they're allowed their own referees.....

On first viewing I have to confess that I thought the Partick player had simply ran into Bitton and that the referee was correct to play on, but the replays confirmed I was hopelessly wrong.

I remember Kilmarnock getting a last minute penalty a couple of years ago against Celtic and scoring it to make it 2-2.

Celtic deserved it on the whole and Partick were dogged. That's about that.

On first viewing I have to confess that I thought the Partick player had simply ran into Bitton and that the referee was correct to play on, but the replays confirmed I was hopelessly wrong.

I remember Kilmarnock getting a last minute penalty a couple of years ago against Celtic and scoring it to make it 2-2.

Celtic deserved it on the whole and Partick were dogged. That's about that.

Correct, It was Higginbotham with an 88min pen, chipped straight down the middle [emoji106]

thistle defence was pretty resolute but midfield non-existent. Not much up front due to lack of service.  Celtic support pretty objectionable as  usual - looking forward to being able to take my family to next home game with fan zone etc. (Dons fan with thistle supporting family) Storey and salmon necessary signings hope they do well.

First time I've gone to watch one of the ugly sisters since we came back up.

Celtic streets ahead of any team in Scotland - their movement and closing down had us scrambling throughout the first half.

Goal was unfortunate, but a good hit with a lucky deflection - fair enough.

Second half, Celtic slowed down, and we were a lot more comfortable. Dolan should have scored, and obvious penalty denied  - no need to go over that again.

The whole defence were solid - the Thumb had a couple of opportunities later on, and was closed down whilst shooting (was hoping he'd kick an advertising board in frustration).

The Celtic 'support - I'd forgotten what a bunch of inbred troglodytes a lot of them are. Confused as to how much a defunct terrorist organisation still means to them.

I'd quite happy just ban them from the next game at Firhill - we're now at a stage that we could do without their cash, and id rather not pollute the local environment with their pyros, 'songbook', and general looks and smells.

Was looking forward to this but couldnt get a pint anywhere before kick off, was a 20 minute queue at the turnstiles  and a pretty low tempo game.Ref was sound as f*ck though.

Ps players watch

I thought that Adam Barton was sh*te. His wanky haircut drew my attention to him and hes that frustrating player I hate playing with where hes organising everyone without getting near the ball himself. 

Hayes was also sh*te, looks like he needs to up his fitness as I said when we signed him.

Archived