Partick Thistle v Celtic

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ereshkigal said:

:lol::lol: Harsh to use the word obtuse. He'll need to Google that one.

He (Nightmare) actually used the word incorrectly.

Now obviously he was using it as an insult at Willy Waistcoat, which would have worked had he directly said "you are being obtuse" or even "don't be obtuse"

Instead he grouped himself with Willy Waistcoat.

I don't know if Willy Waistcoat is obtuse, I know it should have been a penalty, I know the ref looked at it from an angle where it would just look like a clash of bodies, I would like to know the view the assistant ref had, I don't believe Thistle deserved anything from the game. 

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

why do you think it was a pen?

Because Biton clearly clips his back foot, whether intentional or not it was a penalty.

The way I see it we were due one going our way after that howler at Ross County in April, when we get robbed like up there we are told to stop being paranoid timmy and these things even themselves out over the course of the season etc etc blah blah...

....except when we get a favourable decision like last night and its Old Firm bias/papal conspiracy etc

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

why do you think it was a pen?

because although Story never touched the ball, he got closest to it, so at that point should be deemed as playing the ball or in possession, Nir Biton's left leg makes contact with Miles Storey relieving him of possession illegally, this is why it's a pen.

The ref's view would just look like Storey running into a bigger, stronger player. 

Because Biton clearly clips his back foot, whether intentional or not it was a penalty.
The way I see it we were due one going our way after that howler at Ross County in April, when we get robbed like up there we are told to stop being paranoid timmy and these things even themselves out over the course of the season etc etc blah blah...
....except when we get a favourable decision like last night and its Old Firm bias/papal conspiracy etc

I thought the penalty in Dingwall was evening up from when you got a penalty against us for a cross hitting Keith Watsons hip?

4 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

He (Nightmare) actually used the word incorrectly.

Now obviously he was using it as an insult at Willy Waistcoat, which would have worked had he directly said "you are being obtuse" or even "don't be obtuse"

Instead he grouped himself with Willy Waistcoat.

I don't know if Willy Waistcoat is obtuse, I know it should have been a penalty, I know the ref looked at it from an angle where it would just look like a clash of bodies, I would like to know the view the assistant ref had, I don't believe Thistle deserved anything from the game. 

Biton had control of the ball, jags player tries to nick the ball ,biton shields the ball ,jags player does a triple salchow,biton still has control of the ball no penalty

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Biton had control of the ball, jags player tries to nick the ball ,biton shields the ball ,jags player does a triple salchow,biton still has control of the ball no penalty

pretty sure you're the only one thinking that

Have you actually seen it?

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

i've seen it once just like the ref didn't think it was a pen,if you change your opinion after seeing a replay then you don't have a balanced view 

man, that's almost as bad as Jimmy85's 1960 WW2

giphyP.gif

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

i've seen it once just like the ref didn't think it was a pen,if you change your opinion after seeing a replay then you don't have a balanced view 

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=19600

25 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

How can you have control of the ball when there's an opposing player between you and the ball?

3 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Wastecoatwilly should give up on football. Understanding the rules seem beyond him.

Maybe try something easier like collecting Hot Wheels.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

did the ref give a penalty?

^^^ Already collects Hot Wheels

Archived