Partick Thistle v Celtic

58 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We all get tarred with the same brush,a pal i grew up with played for the jags plus my another pals dad was assistant to Bertie at the end of the 70's all got treated the same all good Celtic men.

Bertie was actualyo born opposite Firhill stadium him and his dad used to go watch the Jags when he was a kid - seeing guys like Johnny McKenzie, Jackie Husband etc was what got him into football - seen him at a couple of Partick Thistle events over the years and does have a great love for the Jags as well as Celtic obviously.  PS  a very underated manager he was for us at the time as well

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Giving Celtic an away game on a Friday night is madness. 

We're not even midway through August and already the Celtic support have been involved in more disgraceful incidents than most Scottish clubs have in their entire history. 

Peasant scum.

Remember the time you announced that you weren't going to be attending the game that saw Celtic clinch the league at Firhill because of the Celtic fans but then called on your fellow Jags to intimidate any Celtic fans in the home end? :lol:

Remember the time you announced that you weren't going to be attending the game that saw Celtic clinch the league at Firhill because of the Celtic fans but then called on your fellow Jags to intimidate any Celtic fans in the home end? [emoji38]

Is that right? what a shitebag [emoji23]

38 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Remember the time you announced that you weren't going to be attending the game that saw Celtic clinch the league at Firhill because of the Celtic fans but then called on your fellow Jags to intimidate any Celtic fans in the home end? :lol:

I remember that game. 

I remember being down by the tunnel after the match and the Celtic players emerging from the dressing room with flags and scarves ready to celebrate winning the league with their fans only to find an empty ground because the police wouldn't allow a lap of honour due to the Celtic fans' behaviour. 

I also remember walking past one of the guys who invaded the pitch being dragged away by two polis declaring that he was "going to be pure famous so I am". Guessing he'll be on the next series of Strictly Come Dancing. 

4 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

absolute crazy that the jags can't get planning for that side of the ground even a wee temporary stand would make extra dosh

Maybe put that to the Celtic minded councillor from the Maryhill ward who led opposition to the development after the planning department had offered no objections.

'member the Tiny Timmy Tears at the New Year 2015 game when hundred of wallopers came over on the boat from Ireland and the game was postponed 4 hours before kick off?
Glorious.

One particular chap was so head's gone that he wanted the IRA to get involved.

2 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

'member the Tiny Timmy Tears at the New Year 2015 game when hundred of wallopers came over on the boat from Ireland and the game was postponed 4 hours before kick off?
Glorious.

One particular chap was so head's gone that he wanted the IRA to get involved.

We should have been kicked out of the league, if I remember correctly.

Wonderful stuff. 

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Is that right? what a shitebag emoji23.png

Aye :lol:

1 hour ago, John MacLean said:

I remember that game. 

I remember being down by the tunnel after the match and the Celtic players emerging from the dressing room with flags and scarves ready to celebrate winning the league with their fans only to find an empty ground because the police wouldn't allow a lap of honour due to the Celtic fans' behaviour. 

I also remember walking past one of the guys who invaded the pitch being dragged away by two polis declaring that he was "going to be pure famous so I am". Guessing he'll be on the next series of Strictly Come Dancing. 

I do remember some hawfwits taking part in a pitch invasion at the final whistle.

Threads going well I see. :lol:

Partick fans behaving impeccably by not resorting to posting petty insults and past endeavours from the fuckwit faction of the Celtic support. It's nice not to be associated with the dregs in our support and the Partick fans handing out the olive branch to the resident Celtic posters on P&B because we are a bunch of great lads. :)

Hope the game goes well with some fantastic football from both sides and everyone goes home happy it was only won by a single goal that came out the top drawer from Tierney.

45 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Barton...

"We can go and upset them and we can go down in history probably for doing this and it would be all over the papers"

Minter.

Yeah, the phrase 'shut up, Adam' springs to mind.

53 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Barton...

"We can go and upset them and we can go down in history probably for doing this and it would be all over the papers"

Minter.

Is there anything really wrong with what he said?

Other than that there's f**k all chance of it happening, obv.

11 minutes ago, Romeo said:

"Go down in history"

Everything goes down in history. And being the first team to beat Celtic in about 50 domestic games would be pretty significant.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that part of what he said.

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

Barton...

Minter.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Is there anything really wrong with what he said?

Other than that there's f**k all chance of it happening, obv.

It's more the way it reads that offends me, like a 5 year old.  "and then we'll upset them and then archie will be chuffed and then ill have my dinner and then ill go to sleep and then ill wake up..."

Archived