Morton v st mirren Renfrewshire Derby

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Both are definite penalties. Both are wholly avoidable.

The first one, Baird has done his job and then committed a mental foul, he's forced Quitongo wide into a position where he's going to do less damage and lets him get a harmless shot away, there's absolutely no need to empty him out from the position as the attack was over. Ridiculous.

The second one was even worse. Gary McKenzie doing god knows what and giving the ball away. To make matters worse, at this point:

11.JPG.8bb0e5386d1edd8da7d1ce24b715d359.JPG

Baird has clearly won the duel and he only needs to launch it out for a shy and it's crisis over. Why he allows McHugh a second bite at winning that ball back is anyone's guess really as McHugh was clearly second favourite to get to this. Again, once McHugh has reached the box, he's cut back across Baird and has touched it slightly wide. He's still going to get a clean shot away and very possibly score but he's in a position where I'm giving Samson a fair crack at stopping it. I'd far rather let him get his shot away and at worst go 2-1 down, 11 vs 11 with half an hour left. Some absolutely dreadful decision making by Jack Baird and I'm not usually one to level much criticism at him.

No complaints here for either penalty other than some garbage defending. Had the tables been turned, I'd have fully expected to have been awarded both as well.

7 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

I came away from the game pleased at how well we performed. But when you watch that back you realise how fucking garbage St Mirren are. Hope the team doesn't go into the ict game overconfident.

We have Livi to contend with first -  a team bang on form. 

8 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

I came away from the game pleased at how well we performed. But when you watch that back you realise how fucking garbage St Mirren are. Hope the team doesn't go into the ict game overconfident.

Think your being a wee bit harsh there. We won the game because we got our tactics spot on and the team performed well on the day, along with some good individual performances.

That wasn't just down to the opposition being garbage. To suggest we only won because their team was crap is a bit insulting tbh.. 

49 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Think your being a wee bit harsh there. We won the game because we got our tactics spot on and the team performed well on the day, along with some good individual performances.

That wasn't just down to the opposition being garbage. To suggest we only won because their team was crap is a bit insulting tbh.. 

Are you suggesting we weren't absolutely pish?

Incredible that anyone could complain about either of those penalties or the red card. The only person who has any right to feel aggrieved about Collum's decisions is Jai Quitongo, who was booked for trying to walk away after Samson sprinted 20 yards out of his goal to scream in his face for being blatantly fouled.

2 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Are you suggesting we weren't absolutely pish?

You were a bit powder-puff up front, especially when Sutton went off.

But it was at the back where you struggled most. I thought you played well in patches and knocked the ball about well even when you went down to 10 men 

I'm not saying we didn't play well. We played very well. I'm just saying my confidence for the season has been tempered slightly by taking into account the level of opposition.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Incredible that anyone could complain about either of those penalties or the red card. The only person who has any right to feel aggrieved about Collum's decisions is Jai Quitongo, who was booked for trying to walk away after Samson sprinted 20 yards out of his goal to scream in his face for being blatantly fouled.

:lol:

4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Samson ran at Jai to shout at him for the beautiful little dance and taunt he did at Baird immediately after the penalty was awarded.

Archived