Paul Cicero

Morton v st mirren Renfrewshire Derby

601 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Rajamaki's Ponytail said:


Probably get a few weeks off on full pay. c**t.

The policeman suffered a stroke.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thttps://www.pscp.tv/.../1gqGvOMovPjJB?

Definitely, worthwhile giving the first 9 minutes, or so, of the second half a look as it's comedy gold.  After that Div's constant whining becomes boring and I switched off at the 10 minute mark. I'm not sure if he was crying at the sending off!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quitongo was brilliant I thought. Looks a star at this level, though probably needs to be scoring a few more goals, but he's quick, strong and tore our defence to pieces. That was one of the best performances I've seen from an opposition player since we got relegated.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GAD said:

Quitongo was brilliant I thought. Looks a star at this level, though probably needs to be scoring a few more goals, but he's quick, strong and tore our defence to pieces. That was one of the best performances I've seen from an opposition player since we got relegated.

The only problem is he will not be with us for much longer as he's getting better with each match. He'll go with my blessing though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GAD said:

Quitongo was brilliant I thought. Looks a star at this level, though probably needs to be scoring a few more goals, but he's quick, strong and tore our defence to pieces. That was one of the best performances I've seen from an opposition player since we got relegated.

Funniest thing I heard yesterday was an old Midden fan shouting "Quitongo, your shite, you couldn't lace your Faithers boots!"

Edited by Bailey1874
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't see that coming whatsoever. I was thinking that a draw would be a good result. Still too early to predict how these teams will do but I expect us and the Midden to be top half anyway. If we're both doing fairly well as the season progresses - watch for some very decent attendances at our games, which is how it should be.

Quitongo's an exciting player and I'd love to see him stay with us for a bit, but he has the potential to attract the 'English gold' and we'll lose him at some point.

Whoever the poor guy was who collapsed at the game... I hope he makes a good recovery and is soon back watching his team.

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cornbeef said:

 

Whoever the poor guy was who collapsed at the game... I hope he makes a good recovery and is soon back watching his team.

 

Think he was actually an on duty Police officer. Agree though, not nice to see the medics rushing towards anyone who has taken ill. Hopefully just a case of the guy has struggled in what was very un-Greenock like heat. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't feel there were 3 goals between the teams today, but you can't defend like that against a decent side and expect to take anything from the game. We seem to be completely useless against anyone with a bit of pace. I was worried about Quitongo before the game and rightly so, we just couldn't handle him at all. He could go on to have a great future with a big club. I know we had to change it up after the sending off, but I felt Jack got it wrong on this occasion. I think we would have been better to leave Sutton on, we were forced to go more direct with 10 men and we didn't have a focal point without him. Sore one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have said, I'd say that's not Quitongo at his best as well, he's only played a handful of games after coming back from a injury that kept him out for most of last season. You can see him getting his confidence back now, the goals will come. He must be a absolute nightmare to be up against. 

 

I thought Mark Russell looked like he was getting his confidence back as well,  he really needs to stop shitting out of headers though. 

Michael Tidser though, what a fucking majestic guy. Absolutely tremendous performance, and once again shows that on his day he is one of the best midfielders in the league. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7 August 2017 at 22:36, Demented Zebra said:

Can see us scoring 4 or 5 goals on Saturday, need to check the odds for a fine payday:)

How did you get on?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't bring myself to look through the thread post 3pm yesterday. Can only pass on my congratulations to Morton, who in the end thoroughly deserved their win.

I do think the game was fairly even until the sending off which was undoubtedly 1) controversial and 2) game changing. That said, Morton got their tactics spot on from beginning to end and looked comfortable in defence and dangerous on the counter attack. We lacked tempo and grit, and I don't agree with Jack Ross's assessment that we showed a great deal of effort to get back into the game with 10 men. I think we gave up.

The scoreline looks awful but I don't think it causes grounds for panic, I think we can put this down to circumstance coupled with an old fashioned bad day at the office. Plenty room for improvement all round and plenty of time to address the shortcomings.

That's the first time in my 25 years that I've seen St Mirren lose to Morton in a competitive match, and it felt fucking horrible. Hope you at least made the most of your night, not sure when it will next happen again...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morton weren't even particularly good against the 10 men. We let the burners have more of the ball after the sending off.

Tam O'Ware just strolling back into the team with no pre season and no games and putting in a towering performance was so pleasing. Tidser bossed it from the middle and Quitongo was unplayable.

O'Ware being back gives us a spine to the team again. That wasn't even near our best, it was just good enough for the day. 

Fucking love getting that lot pumped.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tetragrammaton said:

Thttps://www.pscp.tv/.../1gqGvOMovPjJB?

Definitely, worthwhile giving the first 9 minutes, or so, of the second half a look as it's comedy gold.  After that Div's constant whining becomes boring and I switched off at the 10 minute mark. I'm not sure if he was crying at the sending off!

So bitter Div. The pen was a "shocking decision", was it feck. Your own manager said it was a pen. 

The Willie collum show runs on"  and "Morton getting  all the breaks"  He got the two pens and sending off absolutely spot on. You are just a very sore loser.

Should Baird still have been on the park after being the last man and taking down 2 players in goal scoring positions inside the box???

I gave up after ten minute but to blame collum for losing the game when he was absolutely correct on both decision is feckin hilarious.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thttps://www.pscp.tv/.../1gqGvOMovPjJB?

Definitely, worthwhile giving the first 9 minutes, or so, of the second half a look as it's comedy gold.  After that Div's constant whining becomes boring and I switched off at the 10 minute mark. I'm not sure if he was crying at the sending off!

good stuff
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, fraser_smfc said:

I can't bring myself to look through the thread post 3pm yesterday. Can only pass on my congratulations to Morton, who in the end thoroughly deserved their win.

I do think the game was fairly even until the sending off which was undoubtedly 1) controversial and 2) game changing. That said, Morton got their tactics spot on from beginning to end and looked comfortable in defence and dangerous on the counter attack. We lacked tempo and grit, and I don't agree with Jack Ross's assessment that we showed a great deal of effort to get back into the game with 10 men. I think we gave up.

The scoreline looks awful but I don't think it causes grounds for panic, I think we can put this down to circumstance coupled with an old fashioned bad day at the office. Plenty room for improvement all round and plenty of time to address the shortcomings.

That's the first time in my 25 years that I've seen St Mirren lose to Morton in a competitive match, and it felt fucking horrible. Hope you at least made the most of your night, not sure when it will next happen again...

You can almost taste the salty tears. Get it up you, peasant.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all credit to all the St Mirren fans who came down for the game. Fantastic support so well done!

On the game itself, Duffy got his tactics spot on. He knew St Mirren play high up the park and totally exploited that to the full. Young Jai still isn't 100% match fit, but tore the Midden defence a new one. 

When Morton started running at them they just couldn't cope.  I'd be worried at the lack of pace in the St Mirren defence if I was a supporter. 

For our part both Lamie and especially O'Ware deserve much credit having so little or no game time. We are starting to get our walking wounded back which gives us options again.

The difference from last season is we can actually bring on subs who will make an impact in a game. The ludicrously much maligned (by some of the support) Harkins was superb when he came on. And Oliver who will be desperate to get back in the team gives us much hope in attacking options.

Well done Jim Duffy and our players for a fantastic much deserved win!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael Tidser is an absolute class act to watch when he is on his game, he fucking loves the Ton too!

And on Quitongo, that was only him at a 5 maybe 6? The goals will come, if I was Inverness I'd be really worried for next week. Saw some MOTD last night and his play style really reminds me of Wilfried Zaha.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully this result also means that Duffy sticks with 442 and bins that dreadful 433 attempt he was trying in the first few matches.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quitongo is the sort of forward that we wish we could produce. He was fantastic yesterday and pretty much got to take Gary McKenzie home to keep. Harrowing to think that Jose recommended him to us as a youngster and we passed him up. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.