Morton v st mirren Renfrewshire Derby

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good morning to all you lot tip toeing into work with heads down. 

Special shout to Shull, great wee read on B&W army. Why do they hate us? :(

:lol:

A good morning to all you lot tip toeing into work with heads down. 
Special shout to Shull, great wee read on B&W army. Why do they hate us? [emoji20]
[emoji38]

Sneaked in still in hiding will be all week possibly all month [emoji23] at least someone reads shulls posts

I can't bring myself to look through the thread post 3pm yesterday. Can only pass on my congratulations to Morton, who in the end thoroughly deserved their win.
I do think the game was fairly even until the sending off which was undoubtedly 1) controversial and 2) game changing. That said, Morton got their tactics spot on from beginning to end and looked comfortable in defence and dangerous on the counter attack. We lacked tempo and grit, and I don't agree with Jack Ross's assessment that we showed a great deal of effort to get back into the game with 10 men. I think we gave up.
The scoreline looks awful but I don't think it causes grounds for panic, I think we can put this down to circumstance coupled with an old fashioned bad day at the office. Plenty room for improvement all round and plenty of time to address the shortcomings.
That's the first time in my 25 years that I've seen St Mirren lose to Morton in a competitive match, and it felt fucking horrible. Hope you at least made the most of your night, not sure when it will next happen again...

1502700222494.jpg

Let me break your fail down for you in simple numbers. Ones that don't correspond to your 'if I didn't see Saint Mirren getting horsed it doesn't really count' level of delusion.

One obvious red card decision.

Two clear penalties.

A third straight year trailing in Morton's Wake.

An effortless four goal pumping by The Famous.

GIRFUY.

1502700351618.jpg1502700805291.jpg

Even if he did go down easily, I would 100% expect one of our strikers to do the same in a derby. In any game, for that matter. 

It was a foul either way, and while we want commitment from our defenders, they can't be diving in like that and giving the ref a decision to make.

Edit: that picture isn't the penalty incident anyway.

The goal cam for the penalty Quitongo won shows him actually trying to stay on his feet to get a shot away. I don't think there's much doubt about either pen. Maybe the straight red later was double punishment but he'd have walked for a 2nd booking anyway no?

we'll lick our wounds and come again bad bad result it'll take time to get over it.  no complaints about ref etc (apart from he's a w****r) :lol::lol:

only outside the playoffs season not over yet!!!  Need to see a positive response against Livi,  with UTD and Caley coming up 

Funniest bit about Saturday was the row of bald middle aged bellends in the front row of hospitality.  Their performance towards us old farts who can't stand for a whole game was embarrassing to both themselves and Morton.  What Neil Lennon is being accused of was mild  compared to their actions during the game. Fair brightened up what was a shit day!!!

Archived