Morton v st mirren Renfrewshire Derby

Just now, jimmy boo said:

Otherwise engaged this weekend gammy. Poor try....you really should change the record.

You're not much of a supporter,  jimmy boy.  What's this love affair you have with me? I realise I'm your hero, but you're stalking is becoming somewhat boring.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, fraser_smfc said:

I can't bring myself to look through the thread post 3pm yesterday. Can only pass on my congratulations to Morton, who in the end thoroughly deserved their win.

I do think the game was fairly even until the sending off which was undoubtedly 1) controversial and 2) game changing. That said, Morton got their tactics spot on from beginning to end and looked comfortable in defence and dangerous on the counter attack. We lacked tempo and grit, and I don't agree with Jack Ross's assessment that we showed a great deal of effort to get back into the game with 10 men. I think we gave up.

The scoreline looks awful but I don't think it causes grounds for panic, I think we can put this down to circumstance coupled with an old fashioned bad day at the office. Plenty room for improvement all round and plenty of time to address the shortcomings.

That's the first time in my 25 years that I've seen St Mirren lose to Morton in a competitive match, and it felt fucking horrible. Hope you at least made the most of your night, not sure when it will next happen again...

What was controversial about the sending off?

Quitongo is the sort of forward that we wish we could produce. He was fantastic yesterday and pretty much got to take Gary McKenzie home to keep. Harrowing to think that Jose recommended him to us as a youngster and we passed him up. 

Tbh he's emerged from nowhere. I never thought he'd make it here then he was flung in away at Killie last year and hasn't looked back since. Aberdeens loss.

On 8/8/2017 at 10:19, Soctty said:

There must be something even more wrong with the Falkirk squad then... :rolleyes:

Don't worry - I'm sure we'll pump your lot anyway, so we won't need to have a crisis of confidence about our squad. :angel

:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Agree with much of that. No panic from my side we have three key players to come back that will make a huge difference. Think Morton have now beat us twice in the last 18 years in competitive matches so you can't blame them for gloating. 

You lot still going on about that??

18 years, otherwise known as a massive 16 games...

Let's turn it round, you lot have  only beat us 8 times in the last 18 years!! Ludicrous?? Absolutely, just as ludicrous as the 18 year pish you lot love to bang on about.

19 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

What's your agenda with Ross TopCat it really is unhealthy? Not going to debate with you as your bitterness towards Ross is personal for whatever reason. 

As much as his anti-Ross agenda is tedious - and will continue to be so until his dream of Gus MacPherson making a triumphant return with the vastly talented Tommy Craig as his assistant becomes a reality - he is correct on this one. Taking Sutton off was absolutely the wrong call. We'd already been hoofing the ball forward when he was there and were going to do that even more when we had 10 men so taking off our big striker was just stupid. It was like the Thistle game in reverse when we only stopped hoofing the ball at our attackers after Sutton came on.

As for Quitongo, he's a bit like a Scottish Championship version of Drogba. Nowhere near as good obviously but similar style of player with his strength, pace and power. Will be surprised if a club doesn't make a bid for him before the window shuts.

What was controversial about the sending off?

You're not much of a supporter,  jimmy boy.  What's this love affair you have with me? I realise I'm your hero, but you're stalking is becoming somewhat boring.

The fact it was a straight red

15 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:

The fact it was a straight red

He didn't play the ball for either of the penalties. He just took out the players in goal scoring positions. Is that controversial? 

Archived