Morton v st mirren Renfrewshire Derby

Who was bombing the balls to Reilly ?? Jack Ross ?? Must have missed us bringing the boss on, clown !

It was the team he was managing.... ?

Remarkable separation of manager and team there. When it goes right it's cause of the manager, when it goes wrong it's cause of the players...?

Clown indeed.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to "eh Ton".

Relatively even first half I thought: Sutton missed a couple of sitters at one end and there were some near-misses at the other, particularly that save from Samson. Baird's piss-poor bit of defending for the first penalty was apparently just a warm-up for that absolute calamity (assisted by Gary Mac) for the second. The game was pretty much done after that.

Quitongo is a bit of an enigma isn't he? Technically, I'm not sure if there's much of a footballer there but he causes all sorts of problems with his pace and strength. He seems to make defences a bit panicky by just being on the pitch. Will be interesting to see where his career goes....

Bad day for us, and the defence needs to perform better, but still reasonably happy with the team. Although it was a worse scoreline today I think we're much improved on that limp St Mirren side who Morton totally bossed and beat 3-1 back in November.

Remarkable separation of manager and team there. When it goes right it's cause of the manager, when it goes wrong it's cause of the players...?

Clown indeed.

Get real, we brought on a central defender for Sutton after one of our central defenders was sent off. What were you expecting being behind against 10 men. We all know you have an agenda against JR but this is just pathetic. Yes a poor result and yes it was expected you would reappear after the great result last week but we will still be challenging imo which will continue to annoy you for some bizarre reason.

Well done to "eh Ton".
Relatively even first half I thought: Sutton missed a couple of sitters at one end and there were some near-misses at the other, particularly that save from Samson. Baird's piss-poor bit of defending for the first penalty was apparently just a warm-up for that absolute calamity (assisted by Gary Mac) for the second. The game was pretty much done after that.
Quitongo is a bit of an enigma isn't he? Technically, I'm not sure if there's much of a footballer there but he causes all sorts of problems with his pace and strength. He seems to make defences a bit panicky by just being on the pitch. Will be interesting to see where his career goes....
Bad day for us, and the defence needs to perform better, but still reasonably happy with the team. Although it was a worse scoreline today I think we're much improved on that limp St Mirren side who Morton totally bossed and beat 3-1 back in November.

Which one was Gavin Reilly?

Well done to "eh Ton".

And which one was super stelios?

1 hour ago, Lex said:

The best part was him taking off Sutton when we went 2-1 down, and then bombing long balls to Gavin - never won a header in his life - - Reilly.

I don't have any issue with JR at all, he got it wrong today and Morton were deserving winners.

To put things in perspective, it's the second game of the season we still have Davis, Magennis, Eckersley and Hilson to come in and strengthen the starting eleven.

5 hours ago, tonnitus said:

That was extremely pleasing.

By no means a perfect performance, but comprehensive and ultimately well deserved.

Both teams were absolutely chronic going forward at times, but both of our goals form open play were very well taken and nicely worked.

Special mention to the greeting-faced wee b*****d Stelios.

On a less animous note: what happened with the fan that got stretchered off? Is he okay?

It was a police officer that was stretchered away, over come by the smell apparently, hope the guys OK

4 minutes ago, Cappielow1 said:

It was a police officer that was stretchered away, over come by the smell apparently, hope the guys OK

Turned with nobody near him and went down like a ton of bricks.  Dislocated or broken knee apparently!

32 minutes ago, Tonsilitis said:

Turned with nobody near him and went down like a ton of bricks.  Dislocated or broken knee apparently!

Can provide updates on cops within hours of the game but fails to reply to fans requests regarding anything morton related. Tickets etc. Utter shambles.

3 hours ago, Lex said:

Clown indeed.

What's your agenda with Ross TopCat it really is unhealthy? Not going to debate with you as your bitterness towards Ross is personal for whatever reason. 

First half was as entertaining a half as I've seen in a long time. We played some nice stuff and St Mirren were a threat when playing in and around Sutton. 

Jack Baird and Gary MacKenzie are the best comedy duo since Jack Baird and Andy Webster. Hopefully JB is still around the starting XI next time round but highly doubt it.

Tidser was back to his best. Jai was class. Collum was poor but both pens were stonewallers.

Super Stelios' tantrums to every decision were a particular highlight for me.

landscape-1497370775-screen-shot-2017-06-13-at-170039-1.jpg

We started the game playing the long ball and just hoofing it in the general direction of Sutton. 
Why not continue on from last week and play some decent football on the deck?
Our defending was an embarrassment but Quitongo will punish every team at this level with his pace strength and ability to get in behind defenders.

For me that was the problem. Its never nice to lose but if you play some nice football there's at least some positives. We never had any decent passing moves or quality possession at any point. For me, only Cammy smith played well and that's never going to win you a game

Pretty even first half. Both teams had chances and I was worried we'd blown it when mchugh and O'Ware missed their chances. Turning point was the pen and sending off which seemed spot on from my view. After that we grew into the game. Not 3 goals in it but what a fucking result. Thought Jai was superb and bullied the defence and was my MotM. Big Thomson was very good as well and special mentions to Gaston,  O'Ware,  Lamie,  Tidser and murdoch. 

Where did St.mirren get the boy Smith from? He looks a player. 

27 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Pretty even first half. Both teams had chances and I was worried we'd blown it when mchugh and O'Ware missed their chances. Turning point was the pen and sending off which seemed spot on from my view. After that we grew into the game. Not 3 goals in it but what a fucking result. Thought Jai was superb and bullied the defence and was my MotM. Big Thomson was very good as well and special mentions to Gaston,  O'Ware,  Lamie,  Tidser and murdoch. 

Where did St.mirren get the boy Smith from? He looks a player. 

We signed Cammy Smith on a 2 year deal from Aberdeen. He was the only positive from our point of view. His goal was a cracker and the only positive that we could take from an otherwise dreadful performance. 

Taking nothing away from Morton who ran out deserved winners.

Quitongo was the difference between the teams in the end and as I've previously said, he will give everyone at this level a torrid time with his ability to get in behind defenders.

Archived