Morton v st mirren Renfrewshire Derby

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Said at the start of this thread that folk are deluding themselves if they think it'll be anything other than tight.

Stelios 16/1 Anytime Scorer and Gary Mac 14/1 AGS. I'll have a fiver on both of those! Bet365 really are mental with their pricing at times.

Was Stelios playing? 

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Morton thoroughly deserved victory today, regardless of us going down to 10 men.

Hopefully just a bad day at the office for us, we were fucking shambolic, just didn't turn up.

Quitongo played very well, caused us problems all afternoon, thought he deserved motm, think the announcer gave it to Tidser.

Onto next week [emoji849]

2 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

That was Quitongo on a 6 or a 7. Wait til he gets fully up and running again

hopefully not until the window closes.

I keep him on the bench for a few games.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

He's mainly filming from Inverness this season, I think.

Might catch a beer with him next Friday does not seem that bay a guy after he ditched the Tory MP job

Ross shat it and got his tactics all wrong today, didn't help that the players were utter shite and didn't turn up. Morton were deserved winners even though we were down to ten men.

As expected Mortons front 3 of Quitongo McHugh and Thompson caused us all kinds of problems.

McShane was horiffic and so was Baird the sooner Davis and Magennis are fit the better.

I've picked a combined Saints and Morton team here:
--------------------Samson
Stelios McKenzie O'Ware Eckersley
Morgan Tidser McGinn Smith
---------------Reilly Sutton

If Davis was fit, obviously he'd come in for O'Ware - he could walk into most top flight sides, lest we forget.
McShane might yet come on to a game, I guess, but happy to leave Tidser in for now.

tumblr_oajo7qKVNr1u5hqdno1_500.gif

7 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Ross shat it and got his tactics all wrong today, didn't help that the players were utter shite and didn't turn up. Morton were deserved winners even though we were down to ten men.

As expected Mortons front 3 of Quitongo McHugh and Thompson caused us all kinds of problems.

McShane was horiffic and so was Baird the sooner Davis and Magennis are fit the better.

What do you mean by Ross shat it ? It was a battle today Morton's tactics were spot on they dictated the play stopping us from playing our preferred style. Basically that's it. We brush ourselves down and move on we will be ok as the season goes on. Morton will also for that matter. 

Well, I fairly enjoyed that - far more than I expected to.

No failures in the team today - Murdoch was really impressive and I think Thomson's knock-down headers will soon find targets as the forwards get used to him winning Gaston's kick-outs.

Two clear penalties, although I was mystified at Jai's booking and was wondering if Collum was about to cancel it and rule that he had dived. Their goal was a peach, but he should have been closed down sooner. We lost our way after the second goal and I was beginning to think it was going to be last season's opener all over again - sitting back and losing a late one, but credit to the forwards for carving out two more goals. Maybe the players were tired, but I felt they had the cigars out a wee bit too early.

Great to see the players celebrating with the Cowshed and you could see how much it meant at FT.

Regardless of what happens in the cup game on Tuesday, we need to carry this on to Inverness next week.

And div's periscopes have been taken down! :lol:

Edit - the periscopes are back now.

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Said at the start of this thread that folk are deluding themselves if they think it'll be anything other than tight.

Stelios 16/1 Anytime Scorer and Gary Mac 14/1 AGS. I'll have a fiver on both of those! Bet365 really are mental with their pricing at times.

Actually agreed and went with a similar bet. Only black mark on a glorious day. Not a f**k given.

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

Never good to lose a derby, but I don't think the management, players or fans should be overly despondent.

Losing two penalties and going down to 10 men was always going to make it difficult; and not a huge surprise that Morton managed to score another couple as they exploited the gaps when we pushed forward.

Looking at the bit of the game when it was 11 v 11 our biggest weakness seemed to be McShane.  Don't like singling players out, but he's the kind of guy that can do the basics most of the time, but doesn't offer much creativity and can also hit the odd woeful pass when under no pressure.

Replace him with who should be there, Magennis, and I think we'll see a completely different shape and momentum in the team.

Far far too early in the season to start to panic.

Panicking^^^

Thoroughly deserved win for the Ton. Quitongo is superb and if he is still at Morton after the window closes you will do well before Christmas. No panic for Saints but we need Davis in ASAP. Need at least a point at Libby next week before Utd come to Paisley. Morton contenders if they can keep Quoitongo.

Thoroughly deserved win for the Ton. Quitongo is superb and if he is still at Morton after the window closes you will do well before Christmas. No panic for Saints but we need Davis in ASAP. Need at least a point at Livvy

next week before Utd come to Paisley. Morton contenders if they can keep Quoitongo.

31 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

What do you mean by Ross shat it ? It was a battle today Morton's tactics were spot on they dictated the play stopping us from playing our preferred style. Basically that's it. We brush ourselves down and move on we will be ok as the season goes on. Morton will also for that matter. 

We started the game playing the long ball and just hoofing it in the general direction of Sutton. 

Why not continue on from last week and play some decent football on the deck?

Our defending was an embarrassment but Quitongo will punish every team at this level with his pace strength and ability to get in behind defenders.

We started the game playing the long ball and just hoofing it in the general direction of Sutton. 
Why not continue on from last week and play some decent football on the deck?
Our defending was an embarrassment but Quitongo will punish every team at this level with his pace strength and ability to get in behind defenders.

The best part was him taking off Sutton when we went 2-1 down, and then bombing long balls to Gavin - never won a header in his life - - Reilly.

Archived