Morton v st mirren Renfrewshire Derby

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was Quitongo on a 6 or a 7. Wait til he gets fully up and running again

Agree with this as well. A bit sloppy at times on the ball but big improvement and showed a lot of what made people interested in him in the first place. He's going to be huge for us.

1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

Agree with this as well. A bit sloppy at times on the ball but big improvement and showed a lot of what made people interested in him in the first place. He's going to be huge for us.

He has a ridiculous burst of pace when he gets on the ball. I was only watching on Periscope so didn't manage to see everything he was doing but he terrorised their defence and showed good composure to lay it on a plate for McHugh instead of taking a shot instead. 

42 minutes ago, BuddieInDundee said:

Fair play to Morton, even with 11 men on the park I think we'd still have been beaten. Never really got going before the sending off, and unsurprisingly it was a doddle for them following that. Quitongo really is some player, don't know if there's been many reports of interest in him over the summer but he looks far too good for this level on that showing.

A big bump back down to earth, think it'll be a very inconsistent season for us.

I was surprised at the difference between the teams today even when 11 v 11, I really expected more from the Midden. We are still very short on fitness in quite a few areas (due to players coming back from injury) but it didn't look like that today. I appreciate that a derby makes a difference and the sending off didn't help you lot, but I thought you were poor and we probably should have won by more.

On the sending off, I'm obviously going to say it but I thought it was a stonewall pen and red - intentionally took the player, stopping a goal scoring opportunity.

i think it was just a bad day at the office for you & after last weeks results probably thought today would be any easy 3 points? Early days.

Archived