Morton v st mirren Renfrewshire Derby

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atrocious from us this half. I know we've had a man sent off but we had plenty of the ball after that and did sod all with it, then gave away a couple of soft goals with not so super Stelios sleeping for the fourth.

And why the hell is McShane on our set pieces? The next good corner he takes today will be the first.

We've been murder today, far too ponderous on the ball and showing far too much respect to the likes of Quitongo since kickoff. The fourth goal summed things up, McGinn taking too long on the ball and losing it then Stelios going completely AWOL.

Good game, red card murdered it, double penalisation was ott imo.

Onwards and upwards!

Think Baird got booked for the first penalty too so he was going off anyway.

FT 4-1

Can't argue with that in the end, well beaten.

Said before the game that I thought Quitongo would be the best player on the park, and he was by some distance. He's too good for this level and I'm sure he'll be moving on shortly. Morton have got a right gem there.

McKenzie sold Baird down the river for the second penalty. After that went in and Jack was sent off it was almost walkie in from Morton.

We've got a long way to go if we are going to be anywhere near the top end of the table come May.

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Think Baird got booked for the first penalty too so he was going off anyway.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He didn't. Was a double booking for Samson and Quitongo 

Baird was booked too.

Fair play to Morton, even with 11 men on the park I think we'd still have been beaten. Never really got going before the sending off, and unsurprisingly it was a doddle for them following that. Quitongo really is some player, don't know if there's been many reports of interest in him over the summer but he looks far too good for this level on that showing.

A big bump back down to earth, think it'll be a very inconsistent season for us.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Ffs. Back down to earth after last week.

I thought they stopped sending players off for conceding penalties (violent conduct aside) but no point dwelling.

Revenge for april; let the Gregg Wallace jpegs commence.

IMG_1277.JPG.b5df404adb1bf6517564966e22238f9b.JPG:P

Superb stuff. Can we play you every week?

That was a mostly great performance.

We switched off after the sending off for longer than I'd like and the first half was last season all over again with a shed load of chances but only converting once.

Otherwise it was top stuff from back to front.

Quitongo really is some player, don't know if there's been many reports of interest in him over the summer but he looks far too good for this level on that showing.

There was a lot of interest in him last season before he got injured. Most of us assumed he would be off in the summer as he was out of contract but he signed on again.

Archived