Morton v st mirren Renfrewshire Derby

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:
Got to love the VCR tracking lines :lol:

Well, I had to get the VHS recordings onto DVDs once upon a time. Some of my older stuff even began life on Betamax. And now it's all gone to mp4 format to Youtube for us to enjoy (or otherwise). ;)

13 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Another absolute holocaust of a lineup from Colkitto. McManus in the middle? Tidser wide left? No Quitongo? Report to the sea.

McManus would play the Lindsay role and give protection to the back 4

Tidser on the left is the only place where I could fit him in as we can't drop Murdoch or Forbes 

Young Jai will need another few weeks to get back up to speed, so that's why I went with McHugh

McManus would play the Lindsay role and give protection to the back 4
Tidser on the left is the only place where I could fit him in as we can't drop Murdoch or Forbes 
Young Jai will need another few weeks to get back up to speed, so that's why I went with McHugh

Fair enough but I think the pace and tenacity of Quitongo will be crucial tomorrow even moreso with the pedestrian midfield behind him. I haven't seen McManus play yet but for me Tidser is wasted anywhere but in the middle of the park.

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think the main question is whether Jim Duffy will be making special arrangements to deal with Gavin "Scottish Messi" Reilly.

Ricki 'Special Arrangement' Lamie will be enough.

Hope Reilly is bringing the big shin pads.

25 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Fair enough but I think the pace and tenacity of Quitongo will be crucial tomorrow even moreso with the pedestrian midfield behind him. I haven't seen McManus play yet but for me Tidser is wasted anywhere but in the middle of the park.

Totally agree about Tidser. If Jai had been on his game I would also agree, but last week against Dumbarton you could see he's trying to get back up to speed, it's just not there yet

Totally agree about Tidser. If Jai had been on his game I would also agree, but last week against Dumbarton you could see he's trying to get back up to speed, it's just not there yet

Stop going with this "they're not trying" with long term injured players.

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

I don't think that's true at all to be honest, for now anyway. Cashless is for the home end with the away end to go cashless at a later date. For the time-being, the majority of away fans (who will use the away section of the shed rather than just main stand) will likely be paying at the gate except for the expected bigger crowds like this one which was made ticket.

Could be right. I'm just judging it on the Edin City game when away fans had to go to the ticket office to buy tickets.

Morton prob don't even know the plan for the next home game after this one, just watch the circus and wait and see.

13 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Ricki 'Special Arrangement' Lamie will be enough.

Hope Reilly is bringing the big shin pads.

And the gum shield. I'd hate for anything to happen to those lovely teeth. In fairness, the real Messi's no looker, either.

_97224721_13754517.jpg

27 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Yeah agreed. We need pace in the side and Quitongo is the only one who really gives us that. He must start. In the 3-1 game, he was unplayable at times and caused all sorts of problems.

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

And the gum shield. I'd hate for anything to happen to those lovely teeth. In fairness, the real Messi's no looker, either.

_97224721_13754517.jpg

There's more space in his front row of teeth than in Morton's midfield

Archived