Morton v st mirren Renfrewshire Derby

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I reckon there will be patg for the away end tomorrow. Would be daft of Morton to literally turn away cash (which they appear to be trying their best at). The all ticket thing will be so they didn't have to deal with 1500+ paying punters. Much easier to deal with a couple of hundred on the day, surely.

There very well might be. It's pretty common that the green light, with games that tickets are sold for, is only given the day before. Same scenario when we come to yours. Otherwise, why would people go out their way to buy a ticket in advance if they know they can get it on the day. For the playoff away to Dundee Utd - it was literally really last minute they agreed we can pay at the gate up there.

I'd be surprised if the green light isn't given today once St Mirren let us know how many tickets they have unsold. The only barrier could be staffing if the club feel they need all the staff they can get at the Sinclair St side due to the car crash that is home ticketing arrangements.

4 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

What's the script with the section of the cowshed allocated to away fans, our ticket office said we won't be allowed in there tomorrow.

Will be gutted if you are not - what's the point of having it if it is not used when it could be at it's most fun.

I'd imagine the police would not be permitting it though.

It's not feasible while the only barrier between fans is a bit of tarpaulin that already ripped against Ayr. Who's that going to stop if there are genuine scenes? 

Good idea awfully implemented.

I can get why they won't do it now as any home fans who don't fancy queuing could just decide to go in the away end. Bad planning though.

I really don't think any Morton fans would be that daft unless they were willing to not cheer after each of our circa 4 goals.

3 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

If I remember correctly Morton ran out of change at the turnstiles in April and there was a 15 minute spell of nobody getting in. Probably why it's all ticket this time

I think they just want as many people as possible to already have tickets on the day. They might still open a cash gate tomorrow but would rather limit turnstile operators handling cash and the queues they could cause.

The club have decided to move away from cash being used at the turnstiles hence why Morton fans are encouraged to buy Fan cards or at worst buy a ticket from the ticket office on the day of the game so if we can't pay the gate, I can't see away fans being allowed.
As we don't have a ticket office at the away end, I guess the club don't want the risk of having Morton and St Mirren fans queuing to buy tickets on Sinclair Street which is fair enough. Apart from you lot, away fans will need to buy a ticket from the ticket office on Sinclair St.
I agree its pretty stupid not to allow you to purchase on the day. Would it be that difficult to set up a portacabin or something similar at the wde, i doubt it, but its Morton we are talking about.

Just a gut feeling but I reckon St Mirren fans may well be able to buy tomorrow.

What's the script with the section of the cowshed allocated to away fans, our ticket office said we won't be allowed in there tomorrow.

Was nearly a mass brawl at the Ayr game when they equalised so not a chance they'll have us under the same roof.

38 minutes ago, GiGi said:

It's not feasible while the only barrier between fans is a bit of tarpaulin that already ripped against Ayr. Who's that going to stop if there are genuine scenes? 

Good idea awfully implemented.

Actually thought there was going to be a scuffle when Ayr scored last season. Police horses would need to be deployed in the Shed if the away fans were allowed in tomorrow!!

No idea how this is going to go. There is no getting away from the fact we have defensive frailties. We are also getting used to players playing in a new formation from last season - and I have to say, it's giving me the jitters.

We could easily win or get beat by a few....

My line up 

------------Gaston----------

Doyle--O'Ware--Lamie--Russell

Forbes--McManus--Murdoch---Tidser

------McHugh--Thomson-------

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Were are short at centre back just now. But Jim's not played in over 20 years.

Would be good tho

Last season was good for you out with the tail end of the season Jim Duffy I'm sure will get things right given time. It's difficult for clubs our size due to budgets. However both our clubs are capable of bigger supports if successful have seen it in the past. McGills do you think they will get on board? Supporters of provincial teams have to be commended given the two evil sisters. 

19 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

No idea how this is going to go. There is no getting away from the fact we have defensive frailties. We are also getting used to players playing in a new formation from last season - and I have to say, it's giving me the jitters.

My line up 

Quitongo will play, and I highly doubt O'Ware will start, he's not played any games this season. 

Gaston

Doyle McManus Lamie Russell

Forbes Tidser Murdoch

Thomson Quitongo McHugh

Thomson, Jai and McHugh will probably play as a front 3 that Duffy's persisting with. 

7 minutes ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

Quitongo will play, and I highly doubt O'Ware will start, he's not played any games this season. 

Gaston

Doyle McManus Lamie Russell

Forbes Tidser Murdoch

Thomson Quitongo McHugh

Thomson, Jai and McHugh will probably play as a front 3 that Duffy's persisting with. 

Don't know about O'Ware, Duffy gave hints he would play. If he does play, I would sit McManus in midfield just to give a bit of protection.

That would mean a forward dropping to the bench. My guess is that would be Quitongo.

But your probably right, Duffy will stick with 4-3-3 

Easy selection for us: same XI that beat Falkirk. It's a 4-4-2 that's almost a 4-2-4.

Eckersley says he's in contention, but I'd stick with the back four. Duffy will also presumably be on the bench.

I think we'll win 3-1. Reilly, Sutton and Stelios. McHugh for the Ton.

My line up 

Another absolute holocaust of a lineup from Colkitto. McManus in the middle? Tidser wide left? No Quitongo? Report to the sea.

Archived