Morton v st mirren Renfrewshire Derby

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

In excess of 1,500 is a cracking figure. Can see another 300-400 adding onto that tomorrow at the very least given that we're staying open.

Think of all the money Morton are leaving on the table by not allowing a facility for away fans to pay on the day. If we sell around 2,000 tickets, you'd also be looking at an additional booster of several hundred extra fans going on the day of the game.

Madness. Dont understand why they don't have one additional turnstyle for PATG. Financial reasons aside I'd assume the club would want as many fans through the door as possible. 

17 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

How many did we take through to the 4-1 game? Must of been at least 1500.. and it was a wet and windy Tuesday night. Could have easy been 2000 if PATG was available for a sunny Saturday.

Ticket office were last night saying that by closing time at 7pm sales were past 1600. Weather forecast looking good so it seems crazy not to sell tickets on the day of the match. 

Just now, glenburn bud said:

Ticket office were last night saying that by closing time at 7pm sales were past 1600. Weather forecast looking good so it seems crazy not to sell tickets on the day of the match. 

I can get why they won't do it now as any home fans who don't fancy queuing could just decide to go in the away end. Bad planning though.

9 minutes ago, Gbud84 said:

Another Easy peasy 3-1 victory for the buddies. Reilly Sutton and Mackenzie with the goals.

Have a feeling you will see a goal from Duffy, the goals on YouTube from the recent season look good from a guy who looks sharp also This could be a fantastic signing. Have never seen us with so many options up front. Riley and Smith will terrorise defences this year with their work rate and pace. When we got into gear against Falkirk I said to myself we look like a team who could win the league. First quarter should tell. 

29 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

I can get why they won't do it now as any home fans who don't fancy queuing could just decide to go in the away end. Bad planning though.

The club have decided to move away from cash being used at the turnstiles hence why Morton fans are encouraged to buy Fan cards or at worst buy a ticket from the ticket office on the day of the game so if we can't pay the gate, I can't see away fans being allowed.

As we don't have a ticket office at the away end, I guess the club don't want the risk of having Morton and St Mirren fans queuing to buy tickets on Sinclair Street which is fair enough. Apart from you lot, away fans will need to buy a ticket from the ticket office on Sinclair St.

I agree its pretty stupid not to allow you to purchase on the day. Would it be that difficult to set up a portacabin or something similar at the wde, i doubt it, but its Morton we are talking about.

42 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

If the turnstiles at the wee Dublin end are operated manually then there shouldn't be any hassle as long as we don't all turn up at the same time. Morton would have made more cash if they sold more tickets on the day.

19 minutes ago, madton said:

if we can't pay the gate, I can't see away fans being allowed.

Apart from you lot, away fans will need to buy a ticket from the ticket office on Sinclair St.

I don't think that's true at all to be honest, for now anyway. Cashless is for the home end with the away end to go cashless at a later date. For the time-being, the majority of away fans (who will use the away section of the shed rather than just main stand) will likely be paying at the gate except for the expected bigger crowds like this one which was made ticket.

I reckon there will be patg for the away end tomorrow. Would be daft of Morton to literally turn away cash (which they appear to be trying their best at). The all ticket thing will be so they didn't have to deal with 1500+ paying punters. Much easier to deal with a couple of hundred on the day, surely.

3 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

What's the script with the section of the cowshed allocated to away fans, our ticket office said we won't be allowed in there tomorrow.

You won't, for the most obvious reasons.

Either of the teams score and there'd be absolutely Anarchy. 

Archived