Morton v st mirren Renfrewshire Derby

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Will there be a restriction on how many away fans are allowed in the cowshed ? First come first served basis ? If it's pissing down with rain I'm not for standing in the wee Dublin end.

Not to worry the forecast says sun and dry.  so it'll be pissing it down

4 hours ago, Colkitto said:

McManus has been fine at the back, although I'm hoping O'Ware will be back. Although it's perhaps a game too soon for him. Maybe they will arrange a bounce game this week to give him and Oliver a bit of game time. 

Going by the Dumbarton game we still play too narrow and can't seem to stretch defences. Would love to see Nesbitt back to give us a bit of width. 

Don't know about Saturday but I believe we may see the wee man in a 'ton shirt again. I trust the person who told me although he didn't reveal his source. Could be a load of bilge of course but I'd also love to have him back.

1 hour ago, cornbeef said:

Don't know about Saturday but I believe we may see the wee man in a 'ton shirt again. I trust the person who told me although he didn't reveal his source. Could be a load of bilge of course but I'd also love to have him back.

Thought that was one of the things we missed on Saturday was someone out wide that could stretch the Dumbarton defence. Would really give us options if he came back

10 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

He's not kidding, either - if you check his profile, it's incredible how many of his posts have precisely -5 rep from the same five accounts :lol:

:lol:I just checked. Same 5 all within 5 minutes of each other. 

I don't really agree that McManus has been fine at the back. For someone out of position, I suppose he's been OK but Dumbarton had chances on Saturday and didn't have to work too hard to make them. Against a better team, I'd be far from comfortable with Mcmanus at CB. 

I also couldn't disagree more on Nesbitt either tbh. I'd rather have Scott Tiffoney playing than Nesbitt back. He really wasn't very good. 

15 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

:lol:

That really is some negative rep. I almost admire the dedication. 

oh ffs, don't even joke about admiring him. He's an evil old turd driven by hatred of people he doesn't even know, including me.

12 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

He's not kidding, either - if you check his profile, it's incredible how many of his posts have precisely -5 rep from the same five accounts :lol:

2 hours ago, spacekid84 said:

:lol:I just checked. Same 5 all within 5 minutes of each other. 

Yup, that's him. On the one hand, i think "rid dots? Pfftt.....", but on the other it's nice to know I get on his tits so much that he actually bothers, each day, every day, Auld eejit.

I don't think St.Mirren fans will be allowed in the cowshed. It didn't stand the test of a diddy club like Ayr - i, for one, don't see any issues arrising should the burners be housed next to us in the cowshed.....

I'll bring a few gingie bottles. 

If we return to 4-4-1-1, we should have every confidence in a tight game which we can win. If we persist with this shambolic attempt at a 4-3-3, possibly making it even more shambolic by bringing Gary Harkins in as the deep-lying midfielder, we are going to be utterly humiliated. 

If Duffy drops any kind of hint on staying with 4-3-3 this week, the mortgage is going on St. Mirren -2.

20 minutes ago, TurbineTon said:

I don't think St.Mirren fans will be allowed in the cowshed. It didn't stand the test of a diddy club like Ayr - i, for one, don't see any issues arrising should the burners be housed next to us in the cowshed.....

I'll bring a few gingie bottles. 

Will that be the weekends pocket money blown then??

5 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

If we return to 4-4-1-1, we should have every confidence in a tight game which we can win. If we persist with this shambolic attempt at a 4-3-3, possibly making it even more shambolic by bringing Gary Harkins in as the deep-lying midfielder, we are going to be utterly humiliated. 

If Duffy drops any kind of hint on staying with 4-3-3 this week, the mortgage is going on St. Mirren -2.

Hopefully Duffy sticks with his 4-3-3... Morgan and Cammy Smith will love having more space out wide in Midfield 8) 

This doesn't sit right with me. I preferred the build-up to the last game. Tempted to dig out some quotes, for posterity.

Edit: ok, I may have mis-remembered - most Morton fans seemed to have the fear before the last game, too. There was only one poster who was confidently predicting a Morton win. I'll let you guess who that was.

38 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

This doesn't sit right with me. I preferred the build-up to the last game. Tempted to dig out some quotes, for posterity.

Edit: ok, I may have mis-remembered - most Morton fans seemed to have the fear before the last game, too. There was only one poster who was confidently predicting a Morton win. I'll let you guess who that was.

We're still decimated with injuries in our defence, so we're not overly optimistic of taking anything from the game. Of the guys we have available for the centre of our defence one is just back from injury and played 1 game, the other is a midfielder signed a few weeks ago from the Celtic development squad.

We may get O'Ware back who hasn't played and missed our pre-season or go with our development squad coach.

You could say if you lot don't win then there is something very wrong with your squad this season. 

10 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

oh ffs, don't even joke about admiring him. He's an evil old turd driven by hatred of people he doesn't even know, including me.

Yup, that's him. On the one hand, i think "rid dots? Pfftt.....", but on the other it's nice to know I get on his tits so much that he actually bothers, each day, every day, Auld eejit.

Report him to DIv - stalking is a no-no.

33 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

We're still decimated with injuries in our defence, so we're not overly optimistic of taking anything from the game. Of the guys we have available for the centre of our defence one is just back from injury and played 1 game, the other is a midfielder signed a few weeks ago from the Celtic development squad.

We may get O'Ware back who hasn't played and missed our pre-season or go with our development squad coach.

You could say if you lot don't win then there is something very wrong with your squad this season. 

Pretty jealous, tbh - I wish we had that many excuses lined up if the match doesn't go to plan. :(

45 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

There must be something even more wrong with the Falkirk squad then... :rolleyes:

Don't worry - I'm sure we'll pump your lot anyway, so we won't need to have a crisis of confidence about our squad. :angel

Archived