Morton v st mirren Renfrewshire Derby

Same team again please jack, hopefully Eckersley in contention too fancy Sutton and Reilly to run riot and Saints to cement their place at the top of the table and keep  the special feel good factor that's been lacking in recent years going . 1-3 Saints Reilly X2 and SUPER STELIOS roll on  . . .. . 

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

If St.Mirren win by less than seven Ross' position is untenable.

5 hours ago, Scosha said:

St Mirren to win by quite a few. 

Are you guys expecting players back for this one?

Obviously you'll be boosted by the return of quarterback Gary Harkins... :whistle

7 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

If St.Mirren win by less than seven Ross' position is untenable.

Lex's Morton alias found.

It'll be a tight game. We still look like we will concede goals against pace and at set peices. Would expect the Forbes/O'Ware combo to cause us the usual problems. I don't think we will keep a clean sheet, so we will need a couple of goals.

9 minutes ago, GAD said:

Lex's Morton alias found.

It'll be a tight game. We still look like we will concede goals against pace and at set peices. Would expect the Forbes/O'Ware combo to cause us the usual problems. I don't think we will keep a clean sheet, so we will need a couple of goals.

Its a good job for you then that our play is pedestrian and with O'Ware out injured our set pieces are ineffective so much so that we've been playing most of them short and getting absolutely nowhere. 

Cracking result for St Mirren against Falkirk. That on the back of a dreadful result against Partick. So what team will turn up next week - the Falkirk or Partick team?

We still have a few injuries for this game and we still need to add to the squad. If yesterday is anything to go by the St Mirren  full backs can have a day off as they won't need them. 

We have no width or danger on the flanks, combined with a slow build up we won't find it easy to breakdown defences. 

Don't know if Barr will come in and partner Lamie at the back or will we stick with McManus? 

We'll see if Duffy brings in anyone on loan next week and if he's stick with the 4-3-3 formation. 

6 minutes ago, #Gary said:

Its a good job for you then that our play is pedestrian and with O'Ware out injured our set pieces are ineffective so much so that we've been playing most of them short and getting absolutely nowhere. 

It's alright though, we're going to deal with the pedestrian issue by bringing Gary Harkins back into the team and having a midfield so ponderous and slow that we actually break time.

Of course Duffy could always revert to 4-4-1-1 and we might become quite good as a result, but if he persists with this silly attempt at a 4-3-3 it's going to be horrible.

I've picked a combined Saints and Morton team here:

--------------------Samson

Stelios McKenzie O'Ware Eckersley

Morgan Tidser McGinn Smith

---------------Reilly Sutton

If Davis was fit, obviously he'd come in for O'Ware - he could walk into most top flight sides, lest we forget.

McShane might yet come on to a game, I guess, but happy to leave Tidser in for now.

Cracking result for St Mirren against Falkirk. That on the back of a dreadful result against Partick. So what team will turn up next week - the Falkirk or Partick team?

The Partick team was a bit of a one off thankfully. We had one available full back, which we swapped to his wrong side, facing a pacy side and made an error in benching Sutton and starting Riley up top. He couldn't manage on his own to win lumped balls and the ball just kept coming back.

Since we've realised this and started Sutton in the Loy role it made a heck of a difference.

22 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I've picked a combined Saints and Morton team here:

--------------------Samson

Stelios McKenzie O'Ware Eckersley

Morgan Tidser McGinn Smith

---------------Reilly Sutton

If Davis was fit, obviously he'd come in for O'Ware - he could walk into most top flight sides, lest we forget.

McShane might yet come on to a game, I guess, but happy to leave Tidser in for now.

:lol:

45 minutes ago, #Gary said:

Yes, you are correct, that is all good news. I didn't realise O'Ware was injured. Did you guys not sign that big striker from Dumbarton? He caused us problems last season.

It will be interesting to see if we actually get into the game what with the turnstiles still not operational as far as we know.

Edit to add the people without their season cards still too.

Archived