WISHAW JUNIORS - MANAGER

Following on from the announcement earlier today that our management team have agreed to join Kilsyth Rangers FC with immediate effect, we now invite applications for the vacant position of manager with our club.

Applications in the form of a CV should be submitted by e-mail as soon as possible  to the following e-mail address :- ay97@blueyonder.co.uk 

I personally would like to Wishaw all the very best! I can honestly say I throughly enjoyed my time at the club and wish you's all the very best in the future! I will always be a club close to my heart [emoji1303]

12 hours ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

That is a massive loss to  Wishy - Chris and wee Spud are top men and hard to replace at this point in the season 

all the best lads - I am sure you will get someone in - top club 

They have left Wishaw high and dry at a crucial time of the season, Top Men ?

Have to feel a bit sorry for Wishaw. They keep getting their managers stolen.  Good luck getting someone in.

Wouldn't feel to sorry for them sure mcgroaty joined Wishaw in the exact same circumstances.

That's just the way it goes now with managers.

In fairness there is never a good time for these sort of things. We will just have to deal with the situation.

We wish, Chris, Glen and Mark all the best and thank them for all their work at Wishaw.

We have come a long way over the last few years. Looking forward, with a large  local population we think our club has the potential for significant growth over the coming years and offers a great opportunity for the right person. 

5 hours ago, Seaside Sam said:

They have left Wishaw high and dry at a crucial time of the season, Top Men ?

Managing in the lower divisions offers an opportunity to young, ambitious managers to get their first job, if they are successfull it is inevitable that bigger clubs looking for a manager will come calling. Not saying that we are one of the biggest clubs but I am pretty sure we can offer Chris a substantially larger budget to work with than he probably had at Wishaw.

On the other hand it also provides a place for the place for the ones who just enjoy being a manager but will never get a position at the top to fullfill their dream. I am sure Wishaw will soon find someone to fill the job, they have a pretty good record of giving guys a chance who will go on to bigger clubs. 

11 hours ago, tambothejambo said:

Wouldn't feel to sorry for them sure mcgroaty joined Wishaw in the exact same circumstances.

That's just the way it goes now with managers.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the boys or John at Cumnock for taking a job at a higher level. It still must sting a bit for Wishaw though. 

15 hours ago, tambothejambo said:

emoji23.png Na it was just funny how people were moaning about managers being stolen / walking away.

Managers come and go committee and supporters are the constant.

Well that's a massive shift of opinion now that it's not involving your club! :thumsup2 Outraged and disappointed when Forth were involved in a very similar situation, moaning all over P+B from yourself and others, but now it's another club involved no one is allowed a wee moan?! 

Which is it Jambo? Seem's like your opinions change more than the Forth weather! ;-)

7 hours ago, winston_ingram said:

Well that's a massive shift of opinion now that it's not involving your club! :thumsup2 Outraged and disappointed when Forth were involved in a very similar situation, moaning all over P+B from yourself and others, but now it's another club involved no one is allowed a wee moan?! 

Which is it Jambo? Seem's like your opinions change more than the Forth weather! ;-)

22 hours ago, tambothejambo said:

emoji23.png Na it was just funny how people were moaning about managers being stolen / walking away.

Managers come and go committee and supporters are the constant.

Bit confused here folks.

There was no 'moaning' in this thread by anyone connected to Wishaw.

However, there were a couple of expressions of sympathy by posters who quite clearly have no connection to Wishaw.

It is just football - you pick yourself up and you get on with it. 

We will make an announcement in due course.

Forth weather is pretty consistent to be fair (shit)

Just pointing out the irony of posters who thought it was unfair to be left high and dry when the manager walked away. As it was in the exact same circumstances he arrived.

The committee and everybody at Wishaw will get a replacement in soon they are a big club with a decent budget.

If you read the papers maybe even be looking at our current gaffer again who knows.

Forth weather is pretty consistent to be fair (shit)

Just pointing out the irony of posters who thought it was unfair to be left high and dry when the manager walked away. As it was in the exact same circumstances he arrived.

The committee and everybody at Wishaw will get a replacement in soon they are a big club with a decent budget.

If you read the papers maybe even be looking at our current gaffer again who knows.

Very strange post as really the only one moaning about Chris moving on is you. The circumstances in which Chris left the club was by being informed that Kilsyth were interested in speaking to him, him thereafter contacting the Wishaw committee and informing them of this, to receive permission by the club to speak to Kilsyth and in turn accepting the job. He then informed the club of this and took the game against Newmains after which he informed the players. I really can't see the issue with this at all. The timing isn't great but as the Wishaw secretary stated when is a good time to leave as a manager? The club was left with a strong squad of 22 signed players hardly leaving them high and dry. The reason the Wishaw committee understand and accept Chris moving on is he was progressing his career. The same as when he took the Wishaw job. Oh and if this is the way he arrived then you shouldn't be bothered. Probably time to let go of you gripe with Chris it's been nearly 3 years.

I'm not moaning at Chris moving on at all

Nobody in the Wishaw Committee have complained about Chris leaving and I have never said they had.

If you look at the start of the thread people were bemoaning the fact he had left questioning wether indeed he was a top lad and feeling aggrieved that Wishaw were getting their manager stolen.

If you look at my post you will see it was my opinion that the committee and supporters are the constant

Managers and players come and go

The committee will appoint someone and get on with it.

As I've said it may well be the new manager at Wishaw could well be in a job currently.

You never know how it will pan out.

I'm not moaning at Chris moving on at all

Nobody in the Wishaw Committee have complained about Chris leaving and I have never said they had.

If you look at the start of the thread people were bemoaning the fact he had left questioning wether indeed he was a top lad and feeling aggrieved that Wishaw were getting their manager stolen.

If you look at my post you will see it was my opinion that the committee and supporters are the constant

Managers and players come and go

The committee will appoint someone and get on with it.

As I've said it may well be the new manager at Wishaw could well be in a job currently.

You never know how it will pan out.

You first post was to state that you wouldn't feel sorry for the club as that's the way he arrived. I'm merely stating and informing you how Chris left Wishaw and if that's the way he arrived then what is the issue? There was one poster who commented about the club being left high and dry he has 4 posts and is clearly shit stirring just as you are. Jimbaxter referring to Wishaw managers being stolen is clearly tongue and cheek as John and Chris had done extremely well with the club and their service were required at a higher level. The club should take credit for the both of them moving on also. I think most if not all people who have met Chris across junior football will say he is a "top lad" out with yourself and maybe a select few at forth.

You first post was to state that you wouldn't feel sorry for Chris as that's the way he arrived. I'm merely stating and informing you how Chris left Wishaw and if that's the way he arrived then what is the issue? There was one poster who commented about the club being left high and dry he has 4 posts and is clearly shit stirring just as you are. Jimbaxter referring to Wishaw managers being stolen is clearly tongue and cheek as John and Chris had done extremely well with the club and their service were required at a higher level. The club should take credit for the both of them moving on also. I think most if not all people who have met Chris across junior football will say he is a "top lad" out with yourself and maybe a select few at forth.

My first post says I wouldn't feel sorry for them (Wishaw) and why would you.

Nothing to do with Chris.

As I've said they've moved on (Chris and Glen) and the committee are a well run club and will appoint somebody.

Who may well be a manager currently at another club.

I replied to people who

in your opinion were shit stirring and questioning wether he was a top lad.

Can't see a problem.

Archived