Ur No, Ur No, We're .....

Also side note we’ve performed surprisingly well in the big pressure games this season. It’s the games that we’ve gone into thinking we’ll win that we’ve dropped points.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

I reckon all 4 teams in the play offs right now would easily beat Dumbarton over 2 legs. Just hope we don’t have to do it.

If we win the league then my money’s on Alloa to go up but would prefer Arbroath.

I'd hope we would do well in the play offs, whilst the football hasn't always been great our home form is the best in the country.

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

Also side note we’ve performed surprisingly well in the big pressure games this season. It’s the games that we’ve gone into thinking we’ll win that we’ve dropped points.

Win tomorrow, then lose to Albion Rovers then. Just whatever. Cheers.

Dumbarton have won 7 games all season  and 4 of those have been against Brechin. No-one should really be fearing them in the playoffs.
Dumbarton would beat us easily in the play offs. They were miles ahead of us in that Challenge Cup match this season.

Not that it matters though because if we end up in the play offs we'll lose in the semi finals anyway.

We will be going into the playoffs on superb form against 3 part time teams, there should be no excuse.

Dumbarton game was a diddy cup game with a fair few players out.  We will have a full squad to chose from.

We just have to get out of this mentally of shitting crunch games. 

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

We will be going into the playoffs on superb form against 3 part time teams, there should be no excuse.

Dumbarton game was a diddy cup game with a fair few players out.  We will have a full squad to chose from.

This. I'm hoping it's a different mentality this time about. Last season we had a squad of shitebags. 06/07 Stirling were by far and away a better team than us. 07/08 Chris Fahey bottled it against an Airdrie team who were better than us. 

We're still unbeaten against Alloa and Arbroath so far over 7 games too. Let's hope the players show up if we're involved. 

Of course, you went into your last playoff round playing a group of part-timers that had lost more than they had won, scraping 4th place just to get to the semis. Hopefully the winning habit / mentality* is the thing that makes that all important difference for you this season.

*Not that we'd know what such a thing is.

On 4/22/2018 at 00:25, Growl3th said:
On 4/21/2018 at 21:56, mrpaddyx said:
Dumbarton have won 7 games all season  and 4 of those have been against Brechin. No-one should really be fearing them in the playoffs.

Except Ayr.

Karma ya knob

15 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m still here. Like one of those Japanese soldiers that doesn’t accept the war is over. I’ll bayonet any c**t that tries to get me out.

You can keep it, we're upscaling to a lovely townhouse in the leafy suburbs.

1 minute ago, mrpaddyx said:

Thought you were quoting me there!

Thankfully I wasn't baiting Ayr before we blew it, as yesterday proves we were far from certain to win the title.

Nah, we'll not hear from the culprit for a wee while, his muckspreader has ran out of ammunition.

Just now, ayrmad said:

Nah, we'll not hear from the culprit for a wee while, his muckspreader has ran out of ammunition.

On reflection, whilst I'm still pissed at how we blew it yesterday, I can't deny Ayr fans a little bit of glory. I've been lucky enough to see us win 4 leagues, 2 cups and play in the Olympic Stadium in Munich. Ayr haven't won hee haw in that time so there were probably due to win something. Just wish it wasn't at our expense!

Archived