Musselburgh Athletic 2017/18

Benny The Fish

Ha ha, such kind words Casey. Especially the 'young' part. 

I noticed him as well Benny. Maybe you were closer that I was, but would have put him at "University' age - maybe doing a sports degree,so getting some work experience?

If you thought he was any older, then he certainly had an easy paper round, if you know what I mean?

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Match day almost upon us. Looking forward to tomorrow's Scottish Junior Cup tie against Darvel.

Musselburgh have generally played better away this season, but we are still undefeated at home winning all but one of our matches at Olivebank.

Lets keep that record in tacked and be in the 3rd round draw in a couple of weeks time!

Mon the Burgh!

No.mucking about. Think it will be a hard match tomorrow but if Mussy don't win I will be gutted!

Three Predictions
1 No. 9 and no.20 to get one goal a piece.
2. If that is right then The 1934 Club will pick number 9 as player of the match!
3. Nae danger will it be 40 mile an hour winds as per one of the posts on Darvel thread.

There you go. Looking forward to the match. As Darvel are bringing 2 buses of supporters, hope the Musselburgh fans get out and support our team too!

No.mucking about. Think it will be a hard match tomorrow but if Mussy don't win I will be gutted!

Three Predictions
1 No. 9 and no.20 to get one goal a piece.
2. If that is right then The 1934 Club will pick number 9 as player of the match!
3. Nae danger will it be 40 mile an hour winds as per one of the posts on Darvel thread.

There you go. Looking forward to the match. As Darvel are bringing 2 buses of supporters, hope the Musselburgh fans get out and support our team too!

On way to musselburgh just now looking forward to a good game & a few pints! [emoji106]

Stop the Press!

The main event wasn’t the 3-2 victory;

nor that again we had three different goal scorers,

nor that I never won the raffle again,

nor that Jonno was the man of the match ( though that was well deserved!).

Nope, just want to put it out there that I am waiting for the adjudicators of the Guinness book of records to return my call.

I want to see if is not too late to enter into the 2018 book ( be out at Christmas!) that not one of Ally’s kicks went directly out of play!

Great achievement, and after my criticisms of the boy, I am honest enough to give praise when it is due!

I will remember this day for many years to come!

Well done The Boys in Blue. Delighted to be into the next round. We were cruising but squeaky bum time for the last 10 mins. But another great win.

My only gripe was one of the Darvel fans horrific abuse towards the female lino. What an absolute p***k he was. 99% of the away fans were brilliant and a credit to their club - but that idiot was bang out of order! What a clown ????

Enjoyed today’s game, and think that Darvel gave a good account of themselves.

Darvel took the lead just past half way through the first half, with a penalty scored by the number 4; Ian McCreadie.

Ten minutes later, Stephen MacDonald got the equaliser.  Conor Thomson got the ball made way in Darvel’s half and passed it to Stephen. From the angle where he was, when he hit the ball, in the penalty box,  you could have thought that he was crossing the ball to Matti. However, as a stricter, Stephen will say when it hit the post and went in, that it was meant!

In the last minute of the 1st half from a corner, Jonno McManus headed the ball in to make it 2-1.

Five minutes into 2nd half, Musselburgh went 3-1 up, when Conor Thomson scored, after a good move down the right hand side by Michael Moffat. 

Fifth goal of the game came with around 9 mins to go to the end of the match, with the no.9 from Darvel,  Jordan Ryan scoring. 

So a well deserved win, and Burgh now await the 3rd round draw.

38 minutes ago, Benny The Fish said:

Well done The Boys in Blue. Delighted to be into the next round. We were cruising but squeaky bum time for the last 10 mins. But another great win.

My only gripe was one of the Darvel fans horrific abuse towards the female lino. What an absolute p***k he was. 99% of the away fans were brilliant and a credit to their club - but that idiot was bang out of order! What a clown

SBT is well mentioned Benny.

I think we have been the dominant side in our last three matches - will wait for Bunie to come on and correct me?!?!

However, although we have had majority of play, we have only won each of these games by one goal. I was speaking to a fellow Burgh supporter as we left the ground and he implied that we weren’t in any danger this afternoon. I don’t agree, as in the last 10 minutes of games, anything could happen. 

At the start of the season, we were winning a number of games by 2 or more goals; mainly away matches. We need to get back to that routine.

Listen, maybe the chauvinistic part of the abuse was wrong ( and the potential abusers maw was in attendance as she had been for probably 40 years) but the lines person was dreadful  and the abuse from my part would have been the same irrecspective whether male or female. I would agree though the best team won so no sour grapes from me

My priority this season would be promotion straight back up to the Super League, just like Sauchie did last year. However, a good run in this year’s Scottish Cup, will be pleasing as well. 

Great result yesterday, and I thought the team played well. Supporters club player of the match  was Jonno. Certainly agree with the decision this week. Thought Jonno had a great game in defence, and capped it off with scoring our 2nd goal of the match.

Hope we get another home tie in the next round.

8 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

Listen, maybe the chauvinistic part of the abuse was wrong ( and the potential abusers maw was in attendance as she had been for probably 40 years) but the lines person was dreadful  and the abuse from my part would have been the same irrecspective whether male or female. I would agree though the best team won so no sour grapes from me

Aye, it’s fine to bawl, shout and swear at someone if there’s a metal barrier between you. Why would anyone question that???

8 hours ago, Benny The Fish said:

I don’t think she done anything wrong. What did you think she made mistakes with? What decision?

Well there was a clear foul on our left back right in front of us in the lead up to your first goal and she was standing right in front of it , if you and her can’t see that then you both have problems , she never cost us the game by any means as Musselburgh were the better team but goals change games and we were pretty comfortable at that stage , my view is women should officiate in women’s football and stick to that 

Back to league football on Saturday with another match at Olivebank. As Whitburn have a Scottish cup replay, instead of playing them, we meet Downfield instead.

So although this is our 2nd league match against our Dundee rivals, there are still 4 teams we have yet to play in the league. These are Fauldhouse, Haddington, Kirriemuir and Whitburn.

Another piece of useless information coming up!

Musselburgh’s last match outside East Lothian was on 16 September, when we went up to Dundee to play Downfield. From looking at the Fauldhouse thread, it appears that the next time we play outside E.L. will be on 18 November, when we go to Park View, for 1st versus 2nd in the league.

In between, with a mixture of league and Cup games, Musselburgh will have played 6 matches at Olivebank, with the other two away to Haddington and Tranent.

Need to start getting out more!!

Another piece of useless information coming up!
Musselburgh’s last match outside East Lothian was on 16 September, when we went up to Dundee to play Downfield. From looking at the Fauldhouse thread, it appears that the next time we play outside E.L. will be on 18 November, when we go to Park View, for 1st versus 2nd in the league.
In between, with a mixture of league and Cup games, Musselburgh will have played 6 matches at Olivebank, with the other two away to Haddington and Tranent.
Need to start getting out more!!

4bUV7Ls.gif

Archived